• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(5975)

I walk your path
Oct 5, 2001
Visit site
I try to install CORE. It looks like it is installed ok and says so when I start the game. The problem is there are no scenarios to choose.

I think I must have installed CORE from/to the wrong folder. Into which folder should I run the CORE.exe? During the installation I tried, the CORE exe couldn't find the HOI.exe

Steam install, perhaps? In any case, you need to launch the HoI2 EXE with the mod-CORE2 option, i.e. a shortcut like 'c:\games\HoI2\HoI2.exe mod-CORE2' or something similar. Within steam you have to configure the startup parameters manually (unlike 'normal' installs, which will result in a CORE shortcut on your desktop that should work straight away):
Steam - Library, right click the game, properties, set launch options, type mod-CORE2.

Furthermore for Vista and above it's advisable to use another directory than 'c:\program files' to install into.

CORE should be installed into the mod-CORE2 subfolder HoI2 is installed into. When using the installer just select your HoI2 directory, the installer will create the mod-CORE2 subfolder automatically (same goes for either of the graphics packs). If all things fail you could copy the files from the mod-CORE2 folder straight into your HoI2 folder, but that's basically a last resort. And DO make a copy first, should you go that road.