• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyphotis

Recruit
2 Badges
Jan 3, 2016
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
I'm now remaking the map of HOI3 (THF 4.02) with a standard Miller Cylindrical projection and now the provinces.bmp has been done. Like this:
9dbce81f4134970aaab3ee0492cad1c8a6865d4c.jpg c770ab096b63f6244035c0288044ebf81a4ca324.jpg
However, the game always crashes (stops working) in the process of creating quad textures 34xx.
I've checked that there is no missed province in the map by using the HoI3PosEd. I didn't change the definition (color) or the numbers of the provinces and just kept them located in corresponding locations in the new map. Although the positions.txt, river.bmp and the terrain.bmp haven't been done yet, with dummy files (e.g. positions.txt with nothing in it, terrain.bmp with only one kind of terrain that matches the land, etc.) the map should be loaded without problem. I made this conclusion just because that I've successfully remade the map of EU4 and VIC2 in the same method and I believe the same will also apply in HOI3.
But the truth is that I cannot make the map mod run on HOI4 TFH 4.02. So I really have no idea about how to handle it and I'd like to ask for your oppinions about the possible cause of the problem and how to solve it, thanks!

P.S. I tried to solve the problem by taking some basic measures such as deleting the cache folder, using Podcat's LAA version of the HOI3.exe and adjusting some borders of provinces, but it just didn't work. I've also tried the Modern Warfare mod, which change the map completely, and the result is that I can run the mod normally. Another possibly useful information is that I coincidentally found that moving a part of the map in original provinces.bmp from one side to another will also cause the same problem ( crashing in the process of creating quad textures ).

I'm not sure if I should post it here. If not, please tell me and I'll repost it in a proper forum, thanks!

Last edited:
I'm pretty certain that the game has some sort of a limit how large the provinces can be, so your large provinces at the top of the map should be the reason of crashing. I think the original hoi3 map greenland provinces are very near the maximum province size.

I was troubleshooting for the exact same crash and then randomly found this fix when reducing the size of a large siberian province I had enlarged.

btw do you still have the map files? I'd really like to try and edit your miller projection version.

Please do not necro threads, start new ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.