Priorities/order-of-operations for a Mughals or Yuan one-faith?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Republic of Mercury

Field Marshal
46 Badges
Apr 16, 2015
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
So, One-Faith has been my white whale for a while now. I'm not a natural wc-er, having only ever done it as the Tummughals and Spain. I'd really like to get One Faith out of the way so that I can quiet that little voice in the back of my head that constantly says "Hm, maybe this could be a one faith..." During every campaign I do... Granted, I'm not doing myself any favours by not just Renevatio Imperii-ing and letting my subjects do all the work, but there's something about it that I just really dislike.
Still, with the option to become a Fuedal Theocractic caliphate, and trader-convert nearly the entirety of Asia and Africa, Islam seems like it should be a strong pick. My main obstacle when starting as either the Timurids (in order to Mughals, because Mughals OP) /Oirat (in order to horde everything to religously-impressionable rubble) is that the EUsual suspects pick up some colonists and vomit Christianity on the entirety of north and south america. I'm pretty that if I could head off them, a One Faith would be trivial, but that seems eaiser said than done: Trying to take land from them directly means either colonising/sailing round Africa, or snaking my through the Mamluks/the Ottomans. Alternatively, I could just establish a few colonial nations in the Americas, and do most of the fighting there, but then there's the risk of either them dumping all their solders into America, or backdooring my land if I overcommit.
Granted, building up a strong enough navy/army to do either of those things is fairly easy as the Mughals, but it takes time, and the longer it takes the more of America turns yellow on the religious map mode.
So, as the title says, my question is about what I should be prioritising when trying a muslim one-faith:
  1. Becoming the largest power in America asap, and letting my CNs keep Christianity out for me,
  2. Rushing Europe and nipping the main colonisers in the bud
  3. Focusing on the Indian missions (if Mughals and not Yuan)/get the CCR from Hindustan, large coasts from the mission claims, and even the administrative efficiency from viceroyalty of the Deccan, although by the time the latter seems relevant, it feels like it'll be too late to stop most of America from being gone.
So, yeah. Any thoughts? Or at least goals in terms of "By this date, have accomplished this thing" to keep a one-faith on schedule?