• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Why can you not attack a country that is preparing against invasion into your lands? That makes no sense to me.
It's so you can't cheese the fact that they havn't generated all their troops yet by going in and DOWing them before the invasion can happen.

Plus it wasn't really something you could do historically.

No it doesn`t make sense. Also, why should you even know that they are going attack in a couple of years? More reasonable IMO would be if the invasion was a secret but you could attack the invader preemptively (if for example your spymaster finds abou it).

Just to gamey. As player you could just instantly start a counter attack and since he is at war with you he can’t DoW you during the war for the PI.

So even if you would lose the counterattack and pay 200 gold or something the other can’t use his great CB to conquer you.

It's so you can't cheese the fact that they havn't generated all their troops yet by going in and DOWing them before the invasion can happen.

Plus it wasn't really something you could do historically.
Depends how you look at it. What if you had planned to attack the Pagan anyways and now because the bastard is planning an invasion you have to wait for two more years and then the duration of the war before you can attack!

Depends how you look at it. What if you had planned to attack the Pagan anyways and now because the bastard is planning an invasion you have to wait for two more years and then the duration of the war before you can attack!
then defeat him and attack him after that
its 2 years delay after all not an eternaty.

eh, IMO, a decent workaround, would be, allow the "defender" to start an offensive war; but with a penalty of the defender receiving all of the prepared invasion troops he normally would have, plus 10-20%

because lets face it, 90% of the time, its a 1 or 2 county tribal ruler trying to invade a feudal kingdom, that in any fair fight, would be the equivalent of a strongman champion kicking a limbless orphan down a hill while laughing

eh, IMO, a decent workaround, would be, allow the "defender" to start an offensive war; but with a penalty of the defender receiving all of the prepared invasion troops he normally would have, plus 10-20%

because lets face it, 90% of the time, its a 1 or 2 county tribal ruler trying to invade a feudal kingdom, that in any fair fight, would be the equivalent of a strongman champion kicking a limbless orphan down a hill while laughing
its hard to calculate that since troops you gain are calculated based on enemy/your troops

My goodness... what is up with the troop counts of these invasions? No Kingdom in Europe can field more than 6k of troops and the invasion about to attack me is at a whopping 17k. Ridiculous.

It's quite fractured. Karl the Great was murdered relatively early and his realm fell apart. I think it's about the fourth or fifth dynasty ruling France now. What was supposed to become the HRE is currently the Kingdom of Italy, Kingdom of Burgundy, Kingdom of Aquitaine, Kingdom of France, Kingdom of Brittany, Kingdom of Austrasia. Austrasia being the biggest of them all. Some chunk of land (more than a duchy, it seems) is owned by Sweden in what I believe to be modern-day Belgium. None of the afforementioned Kingdoms can muster more than 5k at the moment. This was not my fault, by the way, except for calling some of them into my wars in Spain, I did not interfere.
I have just created the Empire of Hispania, need the add the Duchy of Algarve to complete the Iberian reconquest and then take Valencia and Barcelona from Aquitaine to own all of Iberia. Things are moving more slowly, because I am playing NK mode, so I only have about 3.6k of levies, but since I managed to vassalise the first mercenary company (2,250 men) and can now field 1,600 retinue caballeros, I am making headway. Still, facing 17k event troops is no picnic.

My goodness... what is up with the troop counts of these invasions? No Kingdom in Europe can field more than 6k of troops and the invasion about to attack me is at a whopping 17k. Ridiculous.
they can only generate that army if
1)they got a huge army at begining too (like 5k)
2)Invader got high mart/dip
3)their army is not smaller than half of your army (as example if they got 5 k you got 9k)
I gathered 30 k event army when I was preparing to invade hre from england. my mart was 22 and dip was 16 and I had 12 k army aganist their 10k(they were facing never ending rebellions.)
army they gather is depending on how much men they got currently.

and this is why you cant go to war with them until invasion is ready or failed :)

Honestly, for me a few promising games have ended lately because of these damned invasions.
Just out of interest: Is that because they annihilated you completely and wiped out your dynasty or because you ragequit over losing a few provinces? Don't get me wrong: I too would ragequit over losing a few provinces.

Just out of interest: Is that because they annihilated you completely and wiped out your dynasty or because you ragequit over losing a few provinces? Don't get me wrong: I too would ragequit over losing a few provinces.
once I lost entire empire of russia title to my bastard brother and everyone was in love with him
I literally climbed ranks back and took what is mine :D