• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I hear people rejoicing in the streets! But what for? Can it be...Yes! TheGreatUberGeek's Wales AAR is now back online!

Pity, but I'll look forward to it coming back online :)
You will have to wait no longer!

Maelgwyn's Diary

We have gone far in ways no one has ever known. We have come from grovelling on the ground to bestriding two continents! However, the English menace still looms, and we have yet to overcome...

bVctWMv.jpg

Fortunately, I have made an important difference in our stance toward England. Instead of leaving Wales to the vultures, I personally oversaw a huge building up of the army. We now have 12,000 men sitting outside the castle!

hOrpiHQ.jpg

My armies have been led to triumph! The dogs of Chester barely even defended the castle before the might of our troops! The fort is now ours, and we have moved to Carlisle. The governor has already fled, knowing our armies to be great in size and unstoppable!

UNM2S0P.jpg

Even greater glory! Now Northumberland and Ayrshire have fallen to us as well! Perhaps now the English will be willing to negotiate...

TUbWrYI.jpg

What!?! I'm getting news that Danish navies have been spotted on our waters, near Welsh Iceland! This shall mean war, at all costs!

3uj7OX5.jpg

We have finally achieved a negotiated peace with the English; Wales took Chester and Carlisle for the greater Glory! One other matters, I have sent missionaries all around to convert the Catholic heretics. We are doing this to save their souls! Can't they see? To help our priests I have decided to pass some laws through Parliament to help them, such as taxes on the Church.

yakU8NR.jpg

The war with Denmark is over. One of my new generals, Dilwyn Roberts, crushed the Danish force in Wales proper, but I was made to give them Maes Yed. Hah! The fools! We will only conquer it later! Now it is 1517, and possibiltes are endless. My eye is edging toward the Huron heathens. For their own good, we must incorporate them into our fold of warmth and cuddliness..

Welcome back, delighted to see what looks like a thundering start to the red dragon's comeback :)

Also, just to say I love those pictures of the castles. I recognise some of them but they are very interesting.

Last edited:
It's back! :D
In your absence, I've been rewriting the dynamic colonies mod to work for Wales. I'll send you a link when it's finished.
Thanks, it'd be great to have that for any future EU3 games.
Welcome back, delighted to see what looks like a thundering start to the red dragon's comeback :)

Also, just to say I love those pictures of the castles. I recognise some of them but they are very interesting.
Would you believe, I got those from google images? :D

I have two things to say before I update.
1. How would you guys like to see a Wales EU4 AAR? Of course, I have to finish this one and Wallachia first, but you know...
2. I'm thinking of ending this once I conquer all of the British Isles. What'd you guys think of that?
But now, onto your regularly scheduled update.

The Diary of Maelgwyn

Some English patriots have risen, claiming that they should be an independent nation, reunited with England (Paradox!). Fools! My man shall crush them...
MKq2mdy.jpg
VnPUGJ6.jpg

In other news, Abnaki is still under Catholic control, and thus leaves me unable to change it's name to something properly Welsh!
etzvlkZ.png

Oh, well. Time to look at my empire.
My European holdings:
JXL7Ytg.jpg

My Tudorian Holdings, foolishly called America by some cartographer in Italy. Meh.
Knh9N5X.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sorry for the short update, but I haven't played much. But now that I have screenshots, I just wanted to give an overview of Wales as a whole-and my next targets, the Huron, after the heretic rebels.

1. How would you guys like to see a Wales EU4 AAR? Of course, I have to finish this one and Wallachia first, but you know...

I don't play EU4 yet and probably won't for a while as I am the sort of player who likes to buy the complete packaged games after all the patches and expansions are out so this probably wouldn't be relevant to me. I daresay it would be interesting though

2. I'm thinking of ending this once I conquer all of the British Isles. What'd you guys think of that?

I would be sorry about that but I can fully understand as you seem to be having trouble getting time to play this. Will follow it while it lasts though :)

Englishmen in RHEGED, you can never trust them ;)
Obviously...By the way, you didn't answer my questions in the beginning. :mad:

I don't play EU4 yet and probably won't for a while as I am the sort of player who likes to buy the complete packaged games after all the patches and expansions are out so this probably wouldn't be relevant to me. I daresay it would be interesting though

I would be sorry about that but I can fully understand as you seem to be having trouble getting time to play this. Will follow it while it lasts though :)
Thank you, for responding. I was thinking that I need to turn more attention to Bavaria.

1) Of course!
2) I don't mind to be honest :p
1. Yay! That's probably where I'm going next, after maybe a short stop in Korea for a friend...
2. Aw...Cause that's what I kinda did. I have decided to end our journey together. I'm sorry, but I have too much homework and a school musical and EU4, so I'll just have to end this AAR. Thanks for being here!

AN END...AND MAYBE A BEGINNING
THis is it. We have done it. Now our journey is complete. May the world bow before us!
I annexed England and Scotland!
Thank you 1anrs and TheChalk and everyone else. It's been fun.

No worries, until next time :)