• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'm actually really tempted to write a short passage depicting a conversation between a Portuguese official and a representative of their South American holdings regarding the miraculous transformation of the people they once deemed "savages." That is, of course, with your permission.'

Just a fair warning though, 99 times out of 100 I don't follow through on inspiration.

I've already played quite far so maps are a pain to procure. From what I recall the Protestant League got smashed. I'll give maps hopefully around Chapter 8ish

Couldn't you just press F10 (I believe it is F10)? That takes a picture of the entire province map with the current mapmode you have selected (I think it works with EU4, not sure). It saves it in docs/eu4 somewhere I think.

I'm actually really tempted to write a short passage depicting a conversation between a Portuguese official and a representative of their South American holdings regarding the miraculous transformation of the people they once deemed "savages." That is, of course, with your permission.'

Just a fair warning though, 99 times out of 100 I don't follow through on inspiration.

Go for it if you want, just remember, Portugal hates us.

Couldn't you just press F10 (I believe it is F10)? That takes a picture of the entire province map with the current mapmode you have selected (I think it works with EU4, not sure). It saves it in docs/eu4 somewhere I think.

The problem is I don't make many saves so it's hard to track down the right years. Expect a nice over view at the end of chapter 8 though.

Sorry I've been away, I'll try and get one or two out today, then again on Sunday maybe. I've played to about 1700.

Chapter 7 - Stepping further East

KVXPFVT.jpg

War with Sofala off to a good start. Though it's to be expected they are pathetically weak.

1OMtbqa.jpg

War situation so far. The Swahili coast is annoying because it's one province thick and chock-a-block with forts.

VKi1vqI.jpg

Got both provinces, didn't even need to siege the whole place. Luck that, because Mutapa disbanded half that 21 stack and walked away straight after the peace deal. Suspicious.

TvXEy2r.jpg

I don't really know why I made this map. I think it's obvious at this point I just want everything I can have. But this is what I want and is easily accessible in Africa.

AdLDp5Z.jpg

First freedom: Dutch Colombia from an OPM Holland. Colombia was quickly vassalised by France and ultimately re-annexed to become French Colombia. But it was my first ally so it's got a place in my heart.

OqXaMCy.jpg

Current state of South America, substantial maps of the whole world just about, will be here next update, for now hope this'll do.

Ci9yp7l.jpg

I got rich enough to justify another colonist! This one works on filling in the Amazon though, nothing too exciting.

NPhwGlN.jpg

African colonist got done though, meaning he's free to colonise elsewhere:

Nkh564Q.jpg

I decided on colonising the Philippines. It's good development and with in range. Ternate has got there in the north but otherwise it's untouched.

pegED8Y.jpg

Another "cliff-hanger" ending. First war with Mutapa!

Reactions:
Chapter 8 - Consolidating Africa

agFwvKZ.jpg

Using cheap strats again, we get a quick kill on Mutapa!

obpsZar.jpg

Four/ten provinces annexed! One gold one too! Zimbabwean gold becomes the driving force of Potiguara for quite a while.

AhWjpSu.jpg

Heading over to the other side of Africa now. Time to finish off Kongo.

YBoQIBY.jpg

Smashed. Kongo westernised, not that it meant anything.

gsmL4if.jpg

War pics. I find them dull. Some people like them I think so I'll keep them in.

bAWhOZY.jpg

East Africa is finished! Kongo annexed.

VTU9Gu5.jpg

Our first patch of Asia is finished! Filipino expansion keeps going.

KhVckoc.jpg

New alliance, ended up dropping it because they called me in against Ottoman, Yemen and Kilwa.

MelaG0q.jpg

Moving up in the world! Officially a kingdom! Took a while.

A07f77y.jpg

Getting in with the big shots now I'm a king.

a7nimzD.jpg

Round two on Mutapa.

MR5t1OW.jpg

Mutapa crushed HA HA ha HA haha HAAHA.

f9Ukiuh.jpg

Occupying this gold is really helping. Fun fact, there are no forts in Potiguara. Forts cost money.

XmBTt1m.jpg

Taking all the land. Only mild rebel problems from this. Worth it for the GOOOOLD.

Okay as per request, here's a few nice maps:

HXD9Pt5.jpg

Potiguaran kingdom so far, not shown: Philippines

IPrFF12.jpg

North America, Mostly Britain's turf, but a wee bit of France and Holland. France owns the full Caribbean.

MXOgtbA.jpg

Europe and Asia. Ardalan is the best thing in my opinion.

z22qXSQ.jpg

Religion. Weak reformation. Long live DER PAPST.

Okay that's it for now. Next chapter is possibly tomorrow evening. Now I've conquered all of Africa that I wanted, where am I going for my conquests next? Guess right and win nothing but pride.

Reactions:
I think Provence stronk and Muscovy actually doing something is more impressive

Last edited:
Well, how strong is Portugal? Are you in a position to bite a chunk off of them?

I'm guessing with that French alliance; Brazil's days are numbered.

Well done in Africa, and on getting the alliance with France. Dang, Potiguara is growing fast. Are you planning on conquering the native nations to your west, getting some access to the pacific?

Regardless, they need to head off that flanking maneuver from the north that Portugal is executing.

I think Provence stronk and Muscovy actually doing something is more impressive

Provence is about to get a whole lot stronger...

Well, how strong is Portugal? Are you in a position to bite a chunk off of them?

Portugal alone would be a difficult war, and probably a loss, due to me being surrounded by their colonial nations. Portugal has a dreadful alliance with Spain too, meaning any European allies are not going to make it over to America.

I'm guessing with that French alliance; Brazil's days are numbered.

Haha you wish. France won't join any wars. They'd join against Spain, but that'd also bring Britain in. I either have to wait until that alliance is dropped, or until Brazil or some other CN breaks away. So far, Brazil has tried twice, and La Plata once.

Well done in Africa, and on getting the alliance with France. Dang, Potiguara is growing fast. Are you planning on conquering the native nations to your west, getting some access to the pacific?

You've got close enough! Sadly Portugal has secured the Pacific Coast. Congrats.

Sorry for sparse new chapters. I've been playing Undertale.

Chapter 9 - Home Expansion

4CjJNoM.jpg

Russia is going colonial! I found this one funny. Though apparently it's not too rare.

eDRUXyS.jpg

Sorry to all those with high hopes for the French alliance, France wasn't feeling up to it. Spoilsport.

roEvIxM.jpg

Going for more expansion. This time at home with the Incas to the west. Charca is by far the biggest Inca nation, and is also very low in tech woohooo.

FXJuQuy.jpg

Example of low tech helping me. Woohooo.

tw7Hco8.jpg

It's so satisfying killing these low tech nations.

a3MmNpL.jpg

I'm interrupting the violence with a picture of how well the Philippines are going thus far. Only joking this is pretty violent too. Loads of native here.

84J0DkB.jpg

Annexed most of Charca, left two provinces that would have looked ugly. I actually accidentally went over the overextension limit and go loads of revolts, but you don't need to know about that happening ;)

qQAmOQz.jpg

Became defender of the faith to aid conversions.

nOxofGj.jpg

Der PAPST decided I couldn't have two extra missionaries at just the wrong time...

1nFD9Ao.jpg

This looks good, I'm quite happy with the borders for now.

eTgBHnu.jpg

France hath been replaced, Spain is equally unwilling to help at all, but it's fine, offers security from Portugal.

Rrcl9Wb.jpg

Useful to the rebel problems that may or may not exist... Fun story, I only remembered I could deal with revolts through autonomy after I had finished massacring 100,000s of Inca separatists. Sorry guys :)

rXEttSr.jpg

Nice image to show off some of the weird powers in my Europe. That's not all Provence owns either...

QUVi6mh.jpg

Yeah, we'll see how long they keep that one going.

8EC0gY7.jpg

Completely forgot about taking pics for this war. it was very easy though. So easy, I forgot I was in it during the siege of the capital.

TGhWQzc.jpg

Little teaser again... Potiguara's going to India! Got a claim through an event.

Reactions:
Potiguarian India :p. It sucks that you can't get access to the pacific. I'm betting you and the Portuguese powers will eventually clash in some epic war of the millennium.