• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Hunter XLR8

Corporal
70 Badges
Aug 9, 2014
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • BATTLETECH
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
The question is basically in the title. Is there a potential for a co-op mode for the main campaign? I know you could technically play a hot seat game by assigning some of your mechs to friends to play but I was more interested in the prospect of an online co-op feature.

It doesn’t have to change anything story wise and if it wasn’t drop in/out that’d be fine with me.

I'll say it...

In sucess, all things are possible.

It’s one of those things that Mitch likes the idea of but at the moment they are not putting time into developing it.

So it will be something they might look at once the game has been released and they have some time to relax and just sit around talking.

So the answer you'd get from Mitch here is his legendary catchphrase "In success, all things are possible." Co-op is unfortunately off the table for this game, it was ruled out in a dev Q&A fairly early on, but it's a highly requested feature that's going to be high up on the list of things to put into any follow up.

And trust me, this game is going to be so hugely well received success is inevitable. It's already the best Battletech computer game out there just on the back of an early draft skirmish mode, and it's only going to get better once we see the campaign this beautiful bunch of bastards have put together. It's going to win all the awards, replace X-Com 2 as the tactical turn-based game of choice for the hoi polloi, save the world from alien invasion and be named world dictator till the heat death of the universe by a unanimous vote of all the peoples of the world.

You can take that as the gospel truth. I mean, I backed this game within minutes of finding out about it, so I'm clearly not biased at all. ;)

Since the Kickstarter HBS has spoken of their hope to stand up a BATTLETECH Live Support Team (LST)... AFTER... the game was complete and sufficiently refined, "polished."

The first order of business for this LST was to be Skirmish Coop gameplay against the AI. To the best of my knowledge HBS never spoke of extending these hopes to include Coop Solo-Campaign gameplay. Additional Maps and additional PGI-Mech Data-derived Mechs were also hoped for items of work for the LST once Skirmish Coop had been worked.

Unfortunately Update 47 delayed a number of Kickstarter BATTLETECH elements. It is my estimation that HBS would focus on these delayed elements first, leaving even the question of standing up an LST or not for future consideration.

Coop doesnt seem like it would be to impossible to add. Just add another set of turns for the player side. IDK, split the player team in half. Kinda like shogun 2 coop....PLayer 1, PLayer 2, AI....

Coops for this game might be cool, so long, I guess, as you dont get a schmuck for a teammate.

MW5 is gonna be coop, so if you don't get your big stompy robit coop one way you can get it the other :)

MW5 is gonna be coop, so if you don't get your big stompy robit coop one way you can get it the other :)

I dont have as high hopes for PGI's MW5 for some reason. I feel as though MWO should honestly have just added PVE/coop to their existing game. Hell, they added AI, got it to fire, the only thing left to do there would be make to basically add the option to play vs AI on all the existing game modes. Make it pay 40% of a normal game and voila, PVE in MWO.

I dont have as high hopes for PGI's MW5 for some reason. I feel as though MWO should honestly have just added PVE/coop to their existing game. Hell, they added AI, got it to fire, the only thing left to do there would be to both make it move and basically add the option to play vs AI on all the existing game modes. Make it pay 40% of a normal game and voila, PVE in MWO.

That faction war or w/e its called, would be great for PVE. AI defending, players attacking. PLayers get their intial mech and 1 respawn, AI get 48 mechs. PLayers can capture repair bays or something, and thats that.

Edit: oops, wrong button...shoulda hit edit not reply....oh boy..literally talking to myself....