• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Part IV - The Fall of France

pc0401.jpg

29th Nov 1939 - Germany is once again pushing its way through Belgium, Netherlands and Luxemburg. The picture shows a common situation of these times - German panzers blitzing through the country.

pc0402.jpg

24th Jan 1940 - Finland survived the winter war; the peace with USSR is settled. The picture shows the Finnish and Russian soldiers patrolling a border checkpoint.

pc0403.jpg

18th Mar 1940 - The Fall of Paris.

pc0404.jpg

9th Apr 1940 - In the town of Vichy, a new French government is established. A state of war is immediately declared between Vichy France and the Allies.

pc0405.jpg

3rd Sep 1940 - Italy joins the Axis. 11 days later, with German support, Italy declares war upon Greece.

Zuckergußgebäck said:
when will the australians see some ACTION?

in the next update, stay tuned ;)

I wonder who'll they will fight? No wars have started with the allies in the pacific yet have they! It must be a European EXP. Force.

A trooper said:
I wonder who'll they will fight? No wars have started with the allies in the pacific yet have they! It must be a European EXP. Force.

guess again ;)

Great update! I'm wondering what your drawings look like before editing the scans...

Love that finnish picture, lol. You can see such detail in the finnish troops. You can almost make out the concealed pak position....NOT. LOL!

Great stuff man. You are an artist. You should like look into working as a cartoonist for a paper or a magazine.

Part V - Baptism of Fire

pc0501.jpg

6th May 1940 - After spending 26 days aboard a transport ship, 20,000 seasick Australian soldiers occupy the island of Reunion, part of Vichy France.

pc0502.jpg

17th May 1940, 08:00 - Two divisions of Imperial Australian Force 1 commence Operation Capricorn - the landing at Madagascar. Beaches are guarded by two divisions of Vichy militia.
Australians never made it out of the beaches and fell back after 35 hours of heavy fighting. Australian losses count 982 dead and 2000 wounded. French losses are minimal.

The picture shows Pvt. Tresham helping wounded PFC Davis. I am providing them covering fire. PFC Davis died from his wounds two days later aboard the transport ship.

pc0503.jpg

21th Jul 1940, 10:00 - Madagascar beaches are hit once again, this time by two mountain divisions - Operation Centaurus. Only one division of Vichy militia guards the island now. The Mountaineers secure the beachhead, but they don´t have enough power to break out.

The picture shows a soldier of the 3rd Regiment of Australian Highlanders, 1st Mountain Division, posing with a captured 65mm infantry gun.

pc0504.jpg

3rd Aug 1940 - Our division returns to Madagascar.

The picture shows Sgt. O´Neill giving us his final orders before the assault through Masher Pass. During the charge Sgt. O´Neill was killed and Pvt. Cleary (rifleman with cross) lost his left arm. Masher Pass was captured on another attempt 5 days later.

pc0505.jpg

15th Aug 1940 - Vichy resistance finally breaks and the rest of the enemy militia retreats inland.
The picture shows an Australian patrol scouting for advancing troops.

pc0506.jpg

28th Aug 1940, 15:00 - Last Vichy forces surrender. The fight for Madagascar cost us 2416 lives and another 6830 wounded. Vichy militia losses are estimated at 10,000 including 4000 KIA. Shortly after our victory, control of Madagascar was given to the Free French.

Great uppdate. Kinda sad though, but you´ve really put a face on each of the soldiers. I will be following this. ;)

Those pictures never cease to amaze me. Keep up the good work! :)

Wolfhound, would you be able to post an image of one of your drawings before having coloured the scans and applied effects?

GroFaZ said:
Very nice, you made these all yourself? How long did it take?
Search this thread, this is already answered...

Sultan Of Swing said:
Wolfhound, would you be able to post an image of one of your drawings before having coloured the scans and applied effects?
here you go:
sample.jpg

GroFaZ said:
And A Trooper, did you draw that??

Indeed. Gr8 update by the way.