• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The nation Cyprus is Cosmopolitan, the island of Cyprus is Greek. So the nation assimilated the island to its own culture,

In my game that I posted, I've experienced more cultural assimilation than in any other game combined. The Turkish and Azerbaijani cultures were literally wiped out (though I aided in eradicating the Turks, if you know what I mean ;)). I noticed that, generally in the Asian provinces, when you convert religions, the culture can sometimes change with it as well. Deva Bengal was taken over (religiously) by Animism before being conquered by Orissa. When they converted some of the provinces back to Hinduism, the culture quickly changed with the religion. I'm guessing that changing a province's religion to your own will increase the chances of cultural assimilation.

Here's another interesting game of mine. The Tunisian Empire:

EU3_MAP_TUN_143062_1.jpg

It was one of the harder games I played, but once I gained cores on Italy, changed my own culture to Lombard, and converted their provinces to Islam, I was able to establish firm control.

Byzantium101 said:
Deva Bengal was taken over (religiously) by Animism before being conquered by Orissa. When they converted some of the provinces back to Hinduism, the culture quickly changed with the religion. I'm guessing that changing a province's religion to your own will increase the chances of cultural assimilation.
That's because they were pagans. When pagans are converted to another religion, they also become the owner's culture (to represent the relatively rapid assimilation of natives in South America into Spanish/Portuguese culture, I understand)

I noticed that, generally in the Asian provinces, when you convert religions, the culture can sometimes change with it as well. Deva Bengal was taken over (religiously) by Animism before being conquered by Orissa. When they converted some of the provinces back to Hinduism, the culture quickly changed with the religion. I'm guessing that changing a province's religion to your own will increase the chances of cultural assimilation.

Only true for Animism/Spiritism

It was one of the harder games I played, but once I gained cores on Italy, changed my own culture to Lombard, and converted their provinces to Islam, I was able to establish firm control.
That's certainly a unique game!

Here's another interesting game of mine. The Tunisian Empire:

EU3_MAP_TUN_143062_1.jpg

How did you conquer, convert, change culture, and gain cores all in 30 years?

IMG]http://i666.photobucket.com/albums/vv26/dionysus101/EU3_MAP_TUN_143062_1.jpg[/IMG]

just quot the post with the image..

I usualy change the core gain to 30-40 years.. its just boring to wait 50 years for 1 core..
and the smaller AI nations who are able enough to conquer should also have the posibility to do something with theyr land before they get crushed by le bleye blob

How did you conquer, convert, change culture, and gain cores all in 30 years?

First, I changed the core gain to 30 years, though I did not gain a single core in central Italy and very few in N Italy. Second, I went into the game's directory, scrolled to countries and changed Tunisia's initial government to Feudal Monarchy (I like to tinker with games' cores). Third, I made allies out of Tripoli, Algiers, and Morocco at the start. Fourth, I... cheated and used the "cash" cheat to gain 10,000 coins (I'm usually strongly against cheating, but this was an experiment :D). Fifth, I created a center of trade in Tunis, Sixth, I rapidly raised and army & fleet. Seventh, I vassalized Tripoli and conquered independent Sardinia & Corsica. Eighth, I rapidly conquered S Italy and Umbria. Ninth, I installed two religious advisers, applied the the goal that gave you additional missionaries per year (or something like that), and was just really lucky :). Tenth, I received missions instructing me to take over Tuscany (which dominated N Italy) and receive cores as a reward. Eleventh, I sold my two non-capital Tunisian provinces to Algiers and moved my capital to Florence and changed my culture to Lombard (I then reloaded the game as Algiers and returned the provinces to Tunisia). Finally, I relocated much of my forces to the Italian peninsula, and fortified my holdings (since Portugal, the Papal controller, called a massive Crusade against me; one which the Catholic world was most eager to comply with).

I stopped playing in 1430 because my kingdom was literally falling apart. The Crusade against me (or the Catholic War, as I dubbed it) and a separate war with the Byzantine Empire created an endless amount of rebellions. The provinces that I did not have a core on revolted nearly every month, diminishing my already overworked army. My economy was sinking to the defense expenses and allies jumped ship.

The lesson of this story is, don't try to turn Tunisia into a military superpower. It doesn't work, even if you cheat ;).