• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Nearly every border on that map looks sexy.

Then something went wrong with Italy.

Finished a Brazil game. Started the game with the following objectives:

1) Sphere all American countries
2) Remove as much European presence in Americas as possible: main priority is Canada, then Guyanas, and at last those small Caribbean islands.
3) Find a way to cripple USA, lowering their score until they can be permanently added to Brazil sphere of influence

First moves are the average BR moves: conquering Mato Grosso and Amazonas cores, and annexing Uruguay. In late 1850s, fought some wars in Asia, so I could get some colonies there and some foothold to help me during the colonial race, and in 1865, I conquered Transvaal for the same reason. I was focused on improving my literacy, improving naval stations in main country and minor footholds for better colonial range, building as many ships as I could to get colonial points between early game until 1872, when colonization started. As soon it was available, I colonized South Georgia before UK could reach it, as South George + naval station level 1 let me reach some lands that was unavailable at time with other naval stations.

In 1876 I reached GP status, between 1878 and 1882 I conquered Sokoto, Cambodia, Dai Nam and Luang Prabang. In 1883 African colonization virtually ended, with remaining unconquered territories already being colonized by other countries. Then it was time for me to focus on sphering all american countries: I started with south neighbours all the way up to Mexico, which I sphered around 1890. Meanwhile, I started recruiting soldiers from african colonies and preparing myself to fight against United States. In 1891, I waged my first wars against USA: I used Cut Down to Size, because it's only 50 of warscore and it will give me a boost while cutting US army during truce, and allowing me to occupy them entirely next wars. By playing it in defense, allowing american troops to attack me only in mountain terrain, I was able to win this fight. I spent the truce annexing Oranje and Zulu, and got a state from Guangxi, which started a wave of chinese conquests, feeding more soldiers into my army.

In 1900, I started my second war against USA, using the same strategy and winning again, giving Mexico back its cores in 1904. After that, I engaged against USA again between 1911 and 1915, when I released "American Canada", because USA thought it was a good idea to colonize some Canadian lands before the British, and also occupied the entire US territory, hurting them even more. In 1919 USA reached secondary power status, and 1920 I was able to release New England, depriving USA of its most powerful industries, almost halving their industrial score, and adding them inside Brazilian SoI for good, hitting the last nail for USA. It was a quicker war, where I was able to do in a single year, as the americans were already very depleted and couldn't show much of resistance. This was also made rebels pop in every US state except Washington, where I left some troops to stop rebels changing its government and removing them from my SoI. In fact, US stayed with rebel occupation in every state except its capital until almost 1935, because I really wanted to force them down, not letting United States rising to GP status again (and also I didn't want to occupy every US province again just to wipe out rebel presence, as it is a very annoying job).

With US done, the last big country in my checklist was Canada. In 1925, I started the first Great War, with Brazil, France, Germany and Japan vs. UK, Russia, Spain and Ottomans. Japan was an "ally" in name only, as they did virtually nothing during the course of the war. In fact, not even when Ottomans send a small force to conquer Okinawa did Japanese forces left their lands: truly a shame. Between 1925 and 1927, Brazilian forces where able to fight British troops and conquer 100% of Canadian land, while our allies fought alone in Europe. After that, I immediately send my troops to Europe, as Germany and France were almost fully occupied. Then, I spent between 1927 to 1929 releasing France and Germany, until finally getting Canada from UK and Cuba and Puerto Rico from Spain.

While me and my allies did win the war, the occupation and war exhaustion for France and Germany was too much for them: rebels doomstacks started to appear, destroy their entire army and change their government, and then 6 months later another rebellion of different ideologies did the same, and then another. This made impossible for me to keep them as allies, as they couldn't fight or even keep an alliance without rebels enforcing demands, even if they were getting compensation from UK.

In 1934, I started the 2nd Great War and my last fight: with Brazil and Japan vs. UK, Russia, Spain, Denmark and Ottomans (Italy was also my ally, but they were in truce with Spain, so they couldn't join in). This time, Japan did help, leaving their islands and holding an English seacoast, where I landed my entire army and occupied London. Almost by the end of the game, I managed to give Malvinas (Falklands) to Argentina, Guayana to Venezuela, Belize to USCA, and I got the British Caribbean Islands, West Indies, Lesser Antilles and South Atlantic Islands.

With that, I removed entirely the British presence from Americas, added every American country into Brazilian Sphere of Influence, and left European presence in American region just with some footholds, like French Guyana and Antilles.

Although I managed to get #1 score position and #3 industrial position, it seems like that I got it more because of the wrecked economies of my enemies than of my own performance: in fact, Brazil was just #9 in industrial score before 1st Great War. Mid-game felt that I was doing poorly in terms of industry, but managed to rise when beating the competition. Also, that yellow country neighboring Colombia is Gran Colombia, with Ecuador inside. I don't know how that happened.

87m8m1G.jpg

ZODk8r7.jpg

uKoQ3eJ.jpg

PaxgmmY.jpg

kGARDOQ.jpg

KGny5kE.jpg

WJvr16J.jpg

FOj8Qnp.jpg

iMRSoTD.jpg

SbxnneD.jpg

vXJw7gn.jpg

zym54mX.jpg

3RfZDFU.jpg

n4ucxkd.jpg

EioS7uY.jpg

u1be36h.jpg

• 5Like
Reactions:
Nice Brazil, deldonut1. I always seem to have trouble holding the US down and forging useful alliances. But then I haven't gone all-out as Brazil yet. I'm guessing they might be in a slightly better starting position than my favourite Mexico. That first war is brutal for them.

Nice Brazil, deldonut1. I always seem to have trouble holding the US down and forging useful alliances. But then I haven't gone all-out as Brazil yet. I'm guessing they might be in a slightly better starting position than my favourite Mexico. That first war is brutal for them.

Thanks! The point of sphere US through war is that even occupying them through almost a year, they managed to rise back to GP status and break away from my SoI - for that I had to reload my game. That's why first I use Cut down to size, so I started reducing their military score and their army size, allowing me in the next wars to fully occupy them, release New England and only after that, to add them to my SoI. If you just occupy them or if you kill their entire army, they will recover back to GP status because of their industries - and New England is where their most powerful industries are.

Sphering the US is impressive for sure. By the time I could do it, they have constant revolts, which makes it kind of pointless. I guess I should try the Cut Down to Size first and then start using the Acquire State CB and releasing the releasables myself. Having them as satellites will make keeping the alliance easier.

The thing that irks me most about the US though is that they always keep the completely insane immigration bonus - no matter whether they lost all their frontier regions and keep getting their head bashed in every four years. Also the game could really need a partition mechanic for powers that just can't hold their own anymore. If the UK, France and GP Mexico pile on the US for the fourth time maybe that should be the end of it instead of "take another three of 50 states" (I know I exaggerate).

Sphering the US is impressive for sure. By the time I could do it, they have constant revolts, which makes it kind of pointless.

I put some 50 troops in Washington. That way, rebels could popup a lot, but they wouldn't occupy the capital, thus never changing the government. After some decades, US managed to stabilize enough to raise some infantry and started the long march towards deoccupation, and I used my stationed troop to kill the bigger rebel stacks.

Reactions:
v2_34.png

v2_34_culture.png

v2_38.png
v2_39.png

V2_MAP_ARG_1935.12.25_1.png

This is my Argentina campaign. To do this, in short, I first had to intentionally lose a bunch of wars against my neighbors. This lost me territory creating revanchism which in turn gave me a bunch of jingoism. These lost wars also gave me militancy. With the militancy I passed a bunch of reforms allowing for me to get a huge amount of immigrants. This allowed me to field a large army and thus ignore the infamy limit. With jingoism and infamy taken care of, I could conquer South America and more.

• 4Like
Reactions:
1821 EU4 USA converted to Vic2.

I purposely didn't really conquer much outside of the US, except for Indonesia and the Philippines. Chagatai is really big, but unwesternised. There's no Russia, and I oopsied France when i was UK in EU4.

Let the games begin!

20210626171423_1.jpg

20210627080036_1.jpg

20210627080044_1.jpg

20210627080102_1.jpg

How to stop France and Germany from constant fighting? Put Belgium in betwean.

Till 1870 i was just chilling with GB conquering some random land, like Maroco, Algier, Egypt. A lot of egypt many times.
Once Netherlands DOW me, but their ally was just Spain so less pain. And then i get Java and the road to GP status was open.
Funny how there is no limit how many secondary powers you can sphere and ally. So Spain, Portugal, Itally, Scandinavia, Ottomans, Persia, Brazil was all under my umbrella. The belgium lead some powerful Union, imagine that.
AI is stupid and dont mind when Belgians colonized the best land in Africa. The Egyptiona conquest finally paid off, since each coastal province equals naval supply and more ironclads. Final conquest of Ethipia and Sokoto just finalize victory in scrable of Africa.
Voyage to far east wasnt succesfull, taking bit of china, and Korea was creame for Belgian waffels, but world start suspecting our evil ways (bad boys points).
So we switch the nation into way of industry and this new electrical devices. But everything change with first great war against German+Britain hegemony. But the Germany was already harm by German-Franco war. And second power alliance together with AH (and Belgium) dominated weakened Germans.
The Belgian rule over Rheinland bring freedom to old city states.
Since Franco-Russian alliance was also weaken the next great war was over french territory.
At this point world was turning into Chaos. Scandinavia was fighting Germany over Schlesvik. Swiss and Itally over Piedmont. USA over Alberta with Canada.
And over slighlty beaten old powers the Belgian waffel was thiccening.

v2_1.jpg

Attachments

• v2_2.jpg
    v2_2.jpg
    147,6 KB · Views: 0
  • v2_3.jpg
    v2_3.jpg
    138,8 KB · Views: 0
  • v2_4.jpg
    v2_4.jpg
    211,9 KB · Views: 0
  • V2_MAP_BEL_1919.1.1_1.jpg
    V2_MAP_BEL_1919.1.1_1.jpg
    436,9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions:
View attachment 725355
View attachment 725356
View attachment 725357View attachment 725358
View attachment 725359
This is my Argentina campaign. To do this, in short, I first had to intentionally lose a bunch of wars against my neighbors. This lost me territory creating revanchism which in turn gave me a bunch of jingoism. These lost wars also gave me militancy. With the militancy I passed a bunch of reforms allowing for me to get a huge amount of immigrants. This allowed me to field a large army and thus ignore the infamy limit. With jingoism and infamy taken care of, I could conquer South America and more.
Is it there any other way of democratizing Argentina?

• 1Like
Reactions:
V2_MAP_SPA_1935.12.31_3.png

I've modded the game so that it produces slightly more beautiful maps: with more coherent states (Perpignan in Catalonia, Corsica with Sardinia, etc), with more unions (among Platineans, South Andeans, Iberians, Ukraine and Ruthenia, Russia and Belarus, France and Wallonia, etc) that pan–nationalists can form in unciv nations too, and that are formed if the same great power has all its components sphered in the case of Romania, Yugoslavia and Arabia (which Northwestern African nations cannot form). I also changed the colors of the map, by making countries of the same culture that can for unions to have alike colors. I fixed the horrible horrible borders that the colonization of North America produces, made the Ottomans unable to colonize except if the are a great power, and got rid of Sokoto too.

Anyway. During game I help countries to correct border gore, which I really, really don't like. In this game I helped France, Greece and Egypt, but I couldn't help Egypt enough for them to expel the Brits: didn't have time.
Otherwise I roleplay instead of blobbing. In this game I did the union with Portugal, took Perpignan and Gibraltar, and went colonial. I got Malta and Crete, most of the Caribbean, and otherwise just Africa and the Pacific. To roleplay, I sphered all African and Latin American countries —except for Mexico— and Greece too.

v2_1.png

v2_2.png
v2_3.png
v2_4.png

I also had the USA going bankrupt in this game. I had never seen that before.

v2_3.png

vic2 rus1.jpg

Tall Russia campaign. Early on I fought a war to release Poland from Austria. When a crisis popped on my own Polish provinces, I surrendered them. I used that to repeatedly truce-break Poland and pass as many reforms as I wanted. I maxed out the school and health care social policies within the first 10 years. What happens when you do that? Your population explodes.

vic2 rus2.jpg

16,000 industrial score, 96 million pops. Only a single provinces was ever conquered (East Galicia from Austria/Poland) for flavor. The population is x3 the amount of Germany and close to that of China. The prestige hits from truce breaking almost made me lose GP status early on, but it was well-worth it in the long run.

• 3Like
Reactions: