Post your best "A Game of Dwarves" screenshot, win a Magicka Complete pack!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BjornB

★Community Manager★
Paradox Staff
81 Badges
Apr 2, 2012
  • March of the Eagles
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Impire
  • King Arthur II
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • For The Glory
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Starvoid
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Ancient Space
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Darkest Hour
  • Deus Vult
  • Dungeonland
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
BUY THE GAME http://www.agameofdwarves.com/buy

Heigh-ho Dwarflings!

To celebrate the spawning of this Game of Dwarves we would like to reward the dwarf that manage to post the best screenshot from the game! It could be the fanciest bedroom, mightiest hall, or perhaps you managed to capture a good dwarven moment in the tunnels of your creation? Let your imagination run wild!
(but stay appropriate, it is a family game after all)

How to participate:
- Register your CD-key here at the forums.
- Create a thread in the Dungeons & Braggin's section of this forum together with your screenshot(s) and a description of your work. We recommend not uploading directly to the forums as it will fill up your quota quickly and it will not be as nicely presented. Instead, you should upload your picture(s) to an external hosting site and link to it using the "insert image"-option.

The original Dwarven prince will then retire to his chambers until he has reached a decision.
Once decided, three lucky winners will be contacted by us through forum PM's with steam codes for a complete Magicka collection (Base game + all DLC's, up to and, including Dungeons and Daemons). Submissions made before this announcement will also be considered.

The winners will be included in our delightful facebook album and possibly be featured in other official channels.

Good luck and happy digging!

SUBMISSION DEADLINE: 9th of November 2012

Winners!

ShadowDragon868 ("The Elven Settlement Reclaimation: A Walking and Climbing Tour of a Dwarf Fortress")
IVIaarten ("Welcome to Fort Dwarfalot!")
and
Taiho ("The Red Tree Clan" AND "The Blue Tree Clan")

Congratulations!!! You should have received a PM and parts of your work will be featured at our Facebook page and the front page of the forums shortly!

Did you choose Magicka as the prize because of the similarities of the color-named wizards ("Red", "Blue", etc...)? ;)
I haven't finished the campaign yet, but if the mages work as well together here as they do in an average Magica multiplayer I don't think we've got much to fear :) They'll likely be more busy blowing eachother up.

as long as they don't get revive that is :)

Out of curiosity, was the deadline the beginning of the 9th, or the end of the 9th? And was it measured by any particular time zone?

I just want to know if my submission to Dungeons & Braggin's got in or not. I only saw the contest today, so...

Out of curiosity, was the deadline the beginning of the 9th, or the end of the 9th? And was it measured by any particular time zone?

I just want to know if my submission to Dungeons & Braggin's got in or not. I only saw the contest today, so...

You managed to get in on the competition, and you are actually a winner! :D

The almighty leader dwarf in the skies has determined that the following 3 dwarflings are the happy winners of a complete Magicka bundle:

ShadowDragon868 ("The Elven Settlement Reclaimation: A Walking and Climbing Tour of a Dwarf Fortress")
IVIaarten ("Welcome to Fort Dwarfalot!")
and
Taiho("The Red Tree Clan" AND "The Blue Tree Clan")

Congratulations!!!

Big "GZ!" to the winners! Awesome job, everyone -- and those who didn't win, as well. :)

I wish I had known before that the Magika Event was judged not serious and someone was just picked by random and had nothing to do with the Theme "Post the best Picture".
There was neither a justification nor they postet the picture wich won from the 3 Winners.
-http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?643128-Post-your-best-quot-A-Game-of-Dwarves-quot-screenshot-win-a-Magicka-Complete-pack!
The event was simply not taken seriously,actually a scam.
Would have saved me a lot of time and effort if i had known that before.

Last edited:
I wish I had known before that the Magika Event was judged not serious and someone was just picked by random and had nothing to do with the Theme "Post the best Picture".
There was neither a justification nor they postet the picture wich won from the 3 Winners.
-http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...-quot-screenshot-win-a-Magicka-Complete-pack!

Good grief, Megge, don't be bitter. -Fort-Knox is a great fort, you were just up against some stiff competition. Fort Dwarfalot and the Red and Blue Tree Clan Halls are really rather nice, and I think that my Elven Settlement Reclamation walking tour was pretty nifty, too.

Ultimately they picked three winners, and you weren't one of them. Sorry. If I'd been slow to finish up mine, maybe it would have been you, maybe not. Either way, it's not fair calling Zeal and Paradox scammers. They don't have to justify their reasoning to the likes of us. I mean, I'd sure like to know what they saw in my fort that they liked enough to declare me a winner, but they don't have to tell me.

-http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?643128-Post-your-best-quot-A-Game-of-Dwarves-quot-screenshot-win-a-Magicka-Complete-pack!

Wow dude, so you didn't win a forum competition? Big deal, don't get all butthurt and whine about it.

The whole thing developed in a way we did not quite anticipate, with people leaving quite large contributions which turned it more into an AAR style rather than just one screenshot. We also feel that the winning contributions spoke for themselves. We certainly did not intend to "scam" anyone and I'm sorry if you feel that way. We will be running more events like this where we might revise how we present the concept and you will have another chance then.

Best Regards
BjornB

Status
Not open for further replies.