• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

tsf4

General
58 Badges
May 31, 2012
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Sengoku
  • Semper Fi
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Divine Wind
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Imperator: Rome
  • PDXCon 2017 Awards Winner
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
Hello all, hope you are enjoying the latest version of the mod. But there are some long standing issues due to Holy Fury upgrades which have made Lux Invicta, although still playable, buggy.

One is portraits, specifically Berber/Arabian ones. Lux has long used their own portraits, and we need help switching the appropriate updates given to Muslim portraits in HF to the mod's portrait files.

Two is the religion reformation button. Thinking this is an interface issue, but not sure? But it crashes when trying to pull up the screen for reformation or selecting it. We need help fixing this.

Thanks for all the support from the fans of this mod, and please let me know if you can help and remember, the mod's github is practically the latest version as well, so here is the link: https://github.com/Numahr/lux-invicta-repository

Hello! I would also say that some Franks (for example Merovingians) smiliar problem with portraits. Have anybody else noticed that some frankish leaders have same problem with messed up portraits like arabs, or it's something bad with my game only?
AFAIK deleting Lux Invicta portraits for Arabs would probably fix this problem since new Arab Portraits are free feature and it comes not by dlc but by patch 3.0.

Its not simple as just deleting them, there is lots of muslim portrait code throughout diff portraits. How would you recommend I go about this?

I remember that in old version (for 2.8) deactivation of Holy Fury worked for me to fix both Frankish and Arab Portraits, but i'm not sure what could help now.
Also what about Merovingians? You guys too have same problem with them as with Arabs? The dude who rules Paris area looks messed up like arabs.

Try asking over at WTWSMS, I remember they came up with a fix for a similar problem when the Cuman Portrait Pack was released, I think they used the era gfx mechanic to make the game prioritize the custom apparel over the newly added ones.

Now, I'm not too familiar with modding CK2, but for my part I suppose if you can edit the extant apparel directories in DLC content, you could "un-attach" the offending apparel from the Arabic/Persian/Maghrebi culture groups and/or Muslim religions to prevent them from showing up on characters. LI is a mod, so I assume the launcher would put it later in the load order than DLC.

My religious icons are bugged. I'm using the modb version of the mod and running it on 2.8.3.4. I would really appreciate the help because it's destroying the aesthetic of the game. I'm also wondering about the github version of this mod. Can I play it on 3.0 but with the holy fury dlc turned off?

The Moddb version is for 3.1, religion icons are messed up for some people but we have no idea how to fix them. You should be fully able to play with or without HF. Current github version is 3.1 as well.

The Moddb version is for 3.1, religion icons are messed up for some people but we have no idea how to fix them. You should be fully able to play with or without HF. Current github version is 3.1 as well.
Not hard to fix : just make sure number of icons in the the graphic files called religion_icons_strip (ther is three of them) and the according code entries in interface file (generalstuff.gfx) matches.
So in vanilla the icon strip is 59 icons put side by side in on line.
So the interface code says that this strip is to be divided into 59 individual icons when displayed ingame.
Code:
spriteType = {
        name = "GFX_religion_icon_strip"
        texturefile = "gfx\\interface\\religion_icon_strip.tga"
        noOfFrames = 59
    }
    spriteType = {
        name = "GFX_religion_icon_strip_small"
        texturefile = "gfx\\interface\\religion_icon_strip_small.tga"
        noOfFrames = 59
    }
    spriteType = {
        name = "GFX_religion_icon_strip_big"
        texturefile = "gfx\\interface\\religion_icon_strip_big.tga"
        noOfFrames = 59
    }
You can export just those entries into a new file called zz_something.gfx f.e, it will overide just the necessary entries.

Not hard to fix : just make sure number of icons in the the graphic files called religion_icons_strip (ther is three of them) and the according code entries in interface file (generalstuff.gfx) matches.
So in vanilla the icon strip is 59 icons put side by side in on line.
So the interface code says that this strip is to be divided into 59 individual icons when displayed ingame.
Code:
spriteType = {
        name = "GFX_religion_icon_strip"
        texturefile = "gfx\\interface\\religion_icon_strip.tga"
        noOfFrames = 59
    }
    spriteType = {
        name = "GFX_religion_icon_strip_small"
        texturefile = "gfx\\interface\\religion_icon_strip_small.tga"
        noOfFrames = 59
    }
    spriteType = {
        name = "GFX_religion_icon_strip_big"
        texturefile = "gfx\\interface\\religion_icon_strip_big.tga"
        noOfFrames = 59
    }
You can export just those entries into a new file called zz_something.gfx f.e, it will overide just the necessary entries.
Could you maybe post such a file? I know this post is really old but I haven't found any other mention of a Religion Icon fix and I'm not very tech savvy myself as to do the changes you mentioned, don't know anything about gfx files.