• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
If free France is neutral they will not fight unless attacked, If free France is Axis, they will fight. If they are being invaded, they are already fighting.
Do you have any goals for Asia?
I would split Russia in half, making the East a puppet (this will keep pacific allies granted Italy remains out of it. it will also make a good future stage war vs. Asia.
The west, I would hold onto and not let them self govern. This way you get the sweet half of Russia's industry and manpower and the puppet gets the large scraps.
You would not need a garrison army this way as well.
Glad you have a save game, cause there is a chance that if the east puppet is named Russia, your collaboration could end up in the puppet.

You asked if I had any goals for Asia. I'm flying by the seat of my pants right now, just trying to learn and better understand the game. I do want to keep Japan around as long as I can, since I have just started to build up my navy and I need some help fighting the US and England. My next goals would either be to take Finland or to move into the middle east while I buy time to build my navy. The US is in the war now, so there shouldn't be another Peace Conference until I take down the US, which means I'll have to focus on England, then more of their empire, and then the US. I have plenty of rubber and oil from my refineries and my allies are buying some of my rubber, too, so they have a supply.

Last edited:
Goodness, you are a true strategist! I've never even considered splitting up a nation, nor did I think it was possible. How does one go about setting up half a nation as a puppet?

Hehe, I'm sure we all are considering we enjoy this type of game, mostly trial and error though.
I'd have to be in conference to be specific, you can upload the saved peace con for me to play with, or mess around with it yourself till ya figure it out.

Reactions:
You asked if I had any goals for Asia. I'm flying by the seat of my pants right now, just trying to learn and better understand the game. I do want to keep Japan around as long as I can, since I have just started to build up my navy and I need some help fighting the US and England. My next goals would either be to take Finland or to move into the middle east while I buy time to build my navy. The US is in the war now, so there shouldn't be another Peace Conference until I take down the US, which means I'll have to focus on England, then more of their empire, and then the US. I have plenty of rubber and oil from my refineries and my allies are buying some of my rubber, too, so they have a supply.

I'd secure the north first. you will face lots of allied troops in low supply areas vs Africa and India. Just be careful not to expose your territory to both at the same time.

Reactions:
Hehe, I'm sure we all are considering we enjoy this type of game, mostly trial and error though.
I'd have to be in conference to be specific, you can upload the saved peace con for me to play with, or mess around with it yourself till ya figure it out.

Thanks! I'll play around with it. Here's the save game file if you want to try. Good luck! I hear the devs want to improve the peace conference process.

Attachments

• GER_1941_11_05_01 peace conference.hoi4
    22 MB · Views: 0
I'd secure the north first. you will face lots of allied troops in low supply areas vs Africa and India. Just be careful not to expose your territory to both at the same time.

Thanks! I found a focus (below and with a very long name) that creates subject states in some territories which allows the citizens of those states to defend themselves, freeing lots of my garrison troops. Looks like they just build troops very slowly, starting from nearly nothing.

Screenshot (147).png

No troops and few military factories.
Screenshot (148).png

I noticed some Italian troops protecting the ports. Guess it's a good idea to form these subject states sooner than later so they have time to build up defensive troops.
Screenshot (149).pngScreenshot (150).pngScreenshot (151).png

Last edited:
Reactions:
Got it..
Just click what you want annexed, might take 2 turns. When your happy, click open the down arrow for the province box lower right and select puppet. all remaining becomes one puppet.
But wait, they auto joined the war! :(
more testing...

• 1Haha
Reactions:
I went back and looked at my experimental file, where I stopped really playing after the peace conference and just let the game run to see what kind of things I could expect in the future. Here's what's going on with Japan.

They are spreading out pretty quickly and still haven't made much progress in China. The US is up to 1 million causalities, though, and that's without me playing for over a year.

Screenshot (152).png

Screenshot (153).png

Looks like they have mostly been fighting me in Europe, and haven't started focusing on Japan yet. I guess just like IRL, Germany was the primary focus, then Japan.

Screenshot (154).png

Looks like it wont work and I also noticed that Italy is at war with the allies.
I have an idea though if you have a save file, pre peace with Russia.
Let Japan in the Soviet war at the last minute and let them take the east coast.

Reactions:
Got it..
Just click what you want annexed, might take 2 turns. When your happy, click open the down arrow for the province box lower right and select puppet. all remaining becomes one puppet.
But wait, they auto joined the war! :(
more testing...

LOL! What a game!

Looks like it wont work and I also noticed that Italy is at war with the allies.
I have an idea though if you have a save file, pre peace with Russia.
Let Japan in the Soviet war at the last minute and let them take the east coast.

Haha! That would make our dear leader unhappy. He wants it all. ;)

Edit: On another note, I noticed that by not inviting Italy into the war, they are keeping more troops at home and are thus able to repel nearly constant invasions.

Italy doing what they couldn't do IRL, repelling invasions.
Screenshot (155).png

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Italy must have called them to war.

Oh, now that's too funny! Have to be careful who you let into your faction, then. I sure tried to keep them out of my wars, though.

Russia is a collaboration government, running their own country under German's influence. They are building military equipment, why don't they have any divisions?

Building equipment
Screenshot (157).png

No divisions?
Screenshot (156).png

Is it just too soon? Does it take a couple years before you see any divisions show up in a collaboration government?

UK can gain war goals against both of them, thru 'reinforce the empire' branch.
Historic Japan or the China branch leads Japan to war with the allies as well.

Reactions:
takes time to make enough equipment and at least 120 days to train a division

Reactions: