• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

defekt

Smashing
73 Badges
Aug 8, 2009
  • Age of Wonders
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Age of Wonders II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Prison Architect
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
I decided to try and get back into this game after about a year away only to discover that the performance seems to have taken a significant nosedive. It used to be the case that the game would run smoothly, right out of the gate; one of the more positive aspects of the game's early release. However, now the map jerks around like a Replicant in its death throes. In fact, the entire game seems to be lurching from one micro-hitch to the next, with all menus and even the settings menu suffering from frequent FPS spikes. When the game is paused the constant micro-hitching is still evident which leads me to suspect that something fundamental isn't quite right.

I've tried everything to try and improve the situation including full reinstall (after manual file deletion), display drivers update, near forensic exploration of the detail settings, removal of all mods, fresh system restarts, etc.

One year ago: game ran like a dream.

Today: runs like a shot Replicant.

[sad panda face goes here]

I've scoured the fora and tried all manner of extra fiddly bits to no avail. The stuttering is maddening.

I did see this bug tho: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...-permanent-stutter-even-while-paused.1541723/

That seems to be very similar to the problems I'm seeing; even when paused an in menus the stuttering is rampant. Is there any word on the progress on this confirmed bug (submitted some months ago)?

Right click on ck3.exe , properties, compatibility. Tick "disable fullScreen optimisations" untick every other box in that dialog, Apply and exit.

Then in the launcher Game Settings menu, select fullScreen display mode, Vsync off, cap refresh rate at 60.

If those don't help, DXDIAG is a program you run from the Windows search box on the task bar. After running it will open a window and start collecting info with a progress bar in the lower-left corner. When it completes click the 'save all information' button and save it to a file then attach that file here.

Please attach here your Documents/Paradox Interactive/CK3/pdx_settings.txt .
From your Documents/Paradox Interactive/CK3/logs/ folder, attach here system.log , error.log