• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Is this mod to be considered dead?

From now on, all Plvs Vltra updates will be instantly available via SvN repository.

How to set up a repository for Plvs Vltra:

1. Go to the following website: http://tortoisesvn.net/downloads.html

2. Download the version corresponding to your Windows version.

3. Run the file and install Tortoise. Reboot your computer if prompted.

4. Go to: http://xp-dev.com/ and create an account. Keep note of your username and password.

5. Go to your FTG mods folder e.g: C:\Games\For the Glory\Mods.

6. Delete the Plvs_Vltra folder. Do not delete mod_Plvs_Vltra.txt.

7. Right-click on an empty space in the mods folder.

8. Press the SvN Checkout option, and enter the information exactly as per screenshot below.

This is the url that needs to copied inside Url of repository: http://xp-dev.com/svn/Plvs-Vltra

Your Checkout directory might vary according to where you installed FTG. It needs to end with For the Glory\Mods\Plvs_Vltra

svn.jpg

9. Enter your xp-dev username and password when prompted.

10. Press OK and wait for Plvs Vltra to be downloaded.

How to update Plvs Vltra:

To keep PV in sync with the repository:

1. Right click the Plvs_Vltra folder.

2. Click SVN Update.

Last edited:
Interesting new system you got here. Thx for the update.

Where would I find the changelog?

cheers

edit: oh and is this savegame compatible?

edit x 2: tried it out, there are no scenario options atm, just a blank space. Also was the removing of your splash screen intentional? It's just the original FTG one atm.

Last edited:
edit x 2: tried it out, there are no scenario options atm, just a blank space. Also was the removing of your splash screen intentional? It's just the original FTG one atm.
Make sure your Checkout directory points towards For the Glory\Mods\Plvs_Vltra (Plvs_Vltra not Plvs-Vltra). Otherwise open mod_Plvs_Vltra.txt and change dir = "Plvs_Vltra" to dir = "Plvs-Vltra".

Where would I find the changelog?
The changelog is pretty much the stuff listed here plus other changes I lost track of.

edit: oh and is this savegame compatible?
No. If you want to resume your save, rename your previous PV folder to something else. Don't forget to copy the mod text file and change the dir entry accordingly.

Last edited:
Does that mean this will be the only way to get the next version of PU? Or do you still upload a zip, rar or 7z file somewhere with the next beta?

Does that mean this will be the only way to get the next version of PU? Or do you still upload a zip, rar or 7z file somewhere with the next beta?
Ideally yes as it's becoming increasingly hard to find storage sites and uploaded files don't last long.

The setup will only have to be done once. After that, it will be very easy to keep the mod up to date.

I hate to be that guy, but still having an issue. I had time to start a campaign this evening, however the game is crashing regularly on the 17th of April, May or June of 1419.

once svn system is installed and you upgrade everytime you do a changelog log, can this upgrade CTD your current saved "svn" game. ie once the system is in place.

I remove all the new level 2 army sets and installed the old ones in place as well as kargons brown and purple level 2's...will these cause an issue

once svn system is installed and you upgrade everytime you do a changelog log, can this upgrade CTD your current saved "svn" game. ie once the system is in place.

I remove all the new level 2 army sets and installed the old ones in place as well as kargons brown and purple level 2's...will these cause an issue
It shouldn't be a problem. The SvN update will only update files modified by me. Everything else remains the same.

I wonder if anyone would be interested in joining the modding "team" (myself). The repository should facilitate uploading and coordination between different uploaders. If you're interested, just PM me your xp-dev username so that I can grant writing permissions. My participation will soon be limited due to other commitments but this mod can go on if there are interested parties.

I've been writing about this bug. I think this is a significant bug that requires a quick solution.
Capital of Russia move to Tula province after merchant even when Novgorod COT move to Moscow.
Thx, for your work guys!