Please reintroduce the PBEM turn timer!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

kutayc

Recruit
Feb 15, 2017
The only thing currently preventing me from purchasing the game is the removal of this feature that was present in the third installment. Finding and joining games in the lobby becomes practically meaningless without it. When one out of eight players abandons the game, what happens to the remaining seven who invested months in playing? If there was only a feature to skip their turns, this game would be the ultimate PBEM experience for me. If there is currently a plan for this, please inform me. I want to purchase this game accordingly.

You can't simply replace the abandoned player? I'd be open to a half played game. I haven't actually done multiplayer, but Id be open to picking one up.

Last edited:
don't want to buy a game if in game lobby pbem(by pbem i mean asynch mp, in slitherine /matrix games in game asynch lobby mp called pbem++, reason for my confusion) practically not working this is easy. i dont want to search forums to find opponents, wanna join lobby games and if there is some leavers i want to be make sure it will not affect me or the game. whether it is kick or pbem timer or anything else

Last edited:
If you don't know, you don't have an actual problem. I have no idea what the purpose of a PBEM turn timer is. If you play an eight player game and one person bails, then in AOW 2, you replaced their email with that of a volunteer.
and asked same question in discord, some even said the tournament matches stuck for this very reason

Hello there.

In Multiplayer, you can either set a turn time limit or a battle time limit or both, against tactical inactivity as the devs call it.
These options can be found under "advanced settings".

Screenshot 2023-12-26 213019.png
Screenshot 2023-12-26 212831.png

And if that doesn't fix the issue and the player keeps pushing the limits, you can simply remove the disruptive player from the game in the social settings of your open multiplayer game. Just click on their name and hit remove. By opening their profile, you can even block that player entirely on steam.

Screenshot 2023-12-26 212947.png

I hope this helps.

(Don't mind my German game settings)

Reactions: