Please help this Stellaris noob!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Muirwen

Recruit
22 Badges
Aug 8, 2002
  • 500k Club
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Semper Fi
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
Have had this game on the shelf voor several years, always wanted to play it, never seem to be the right time. Until this evening. I started, and within 5 minutes some cultists popped up which I defeated. Next comes a mission to board the ship, and all the fun started <not!>

I build Assault troops in a Transport, moved it all over the system, left-clicked and right-clicked the F exclamation mark, parked my transport on top of the cultists ship, orbitted the sun, moon, and whatnot. But F nothing!

Read all sorts of Google search results, watched Youtube movies, to no avail. Effectively played this game 10 minutes, and spent the next 3 hours trying to board that PoS ship.I am getting totally fed up! Please help for for a final attempt before I am forced to remove this piece of junk from my pc!

A very enormously frustrated gamer who in the many years of computer gaming stumbled across many badly coded games, but never upon the likes of this……

PS: sorry for the abbreviated bad language, but after over 3 hours I really have had it

Last edited:
Have had this game on the shelf voor several years, always wanted to play it, never seem to be the right time. Until this evening. I started, and within 5 minutes some cultists popped up which I defeated. Next comes a mission to board the ship, and all the fun started <not!>

I build Assault troops in a Transport, moved it all over the system, left-clicked and right-clicked the F exclamation mark, parked my transport on top of the cultists ship, orbitted the sun, moon, and whatnot. But F nothing!

Read all sorts of Google search results, watched Youtube movies, to no avail. Effectively played this game 10 minutes, and spent the next 3 hours trying to board that PoS ship.I am getting totally fed up! Please help for for a final attempt before I am forced to remove this piece of junk from my pc!

A very enormously frustrated gamer who in the many years of computer gaming stumbled across many badly coded games, but never upon the likes of this……

PS: sorry for the abbreviated bad language, but after over 3 hours I really have had it
Did you go to the situations tab?

Did you go to the situations tab?
Hi Emperor! Yes I did, it says I have to have a Military ship in orbit before I can Research. So I build one, and can orbit all planets as much as I like, but still cannot click the Research button

Attachments

• 3F0A9862-9B15-43EB-A8C5-603B5F64C88E.jpeg
    3F0A9862-9B15-43EB-A8C5-603B5F64C88E.jpeg
    529 KB · Views: 0
I never remember which approach it is exactly that works, but I remember that it's very simple. So, since I get the impression from your description that you only ever tried while being in the solar system, I would try the other way: from the galactic map. Or maybe I should call it the 3rd way, since there is that situation log option too...

Anyway, while in the galactic map, make sure you have selected your military fleet, and there should be an exclamation mark next to your system. Right click it and select "research projects" or something like that. That should do it.

It's a weird little bug that's been around for... I don't even know. Feels like a long time.
But I think this is the only event where this bug happens. Because it's too old or something, and Stellaris has changed a lot over the years. And this is a random event which doesn't happen most of the time. Having it on your first game is pretty unlucky.

• 1Like
Reactions:
If I remember, it had something to do with putting a military ship in orbit of it and THEN doing the situation tab, or something like that.

But truthfully, IGNORE IT. Don't take the bait. That storyline is only annoying and never useful. The other cultist fleets won't spawn if you never board the ship.

• 2Like
Reactions:
If I remember, it had something to do with putting a military ship in orbit of it and THEN doing the situation tab, or something like that.

But truthfully, IGNORE IT. Don't take the bait. That storyline is only annoying and never useful. The other cultist fleets won't spawn if you never board the ship.
Perhaps the best piece of advise. And perhaps I am a bit of a stickler, but that enemy ship appeared in the first few minutes of the game, so now it is floating in my main system close to Sol without any means of getting rid of it, and I would just hate to continue playing with the results of this bug spoiling my main system.

Is this Cultist line of events part of a certain DLC? If so, I will have to start over again without that particular DLC.

It's been around FOREVER. I don't remember a time when it didn't exist. Started playing in 1.3 or maybe 1.2. So I'm not certain, but I strongly suspect that it's in the core game.

I never remember which approach it is exactly that works, but I remember that it's very simple. So, since I get the impression from your description that you only ever tried while being in the solar system, I would try the other way: from the galactic map. Or maybe I should call it the 3rd way, since there is that situation log option too...

Anyway, while in the galactic map, make sure you have selected your military fleet, and there should be an exclamation mark next to your system. Right click it and select "research projects" or something like that. That should do it.

It's a weird little bug that's been around for... I don't even know. Feels like a long time.
But I think this is the only event where this bug happens. Because it's too old or something, and Stellaris has changed a lot over the years. And this is a random event which doesn't happen most of the time. Having it on your first game is pretty unlucky.
I will try this and see if it works, would be nice to have this at least solved. Will let you know

• 1Like
Reactions:
I haven't played Stellaris for a while, but my guess would be, that you need to send a corvette not a transport for this mission.

Reactions:
I haven't played Stellaris for a while, but my guess would be, that you need to send a corvette not a transport for this mission.
Yeah I think it was originally transports but has since switched away.

Overall, though, OnyxAbussos is right. Don't ignore it because it's bugged, ignore it because progressing the mission is a mess that will harm your early game.

• 2Like
Reactions:

This is the way. Do it from the Galaxy map and you'll succeed.

Nice little event chain, and you get a nice little treat at the end, nothing OP but good to have in the early game. Don't put it off too long or you'll diminish its value.

Thank you all for your advise, by putting your replies more or less together I managed to board the frakking ship. The whole description of the event and all is pretty confusing to say the least. It states that a military ship has to be in orbit, and the only ships you can give an orbit command are the Transports, but those you cannot use (anymore?) to board the cultist’s ship, you have to use your Fleet. But those cannot go into orbit.
So, flying to the cultist’s ship with the Fleet doesn’t cut it: no response when clicking the exclamation mark. As stated above, you have to go to the Galaxy view, click on the little Fleet ship symbol next to the star and the exclamation marks shows. Clicking that one refers you to the Situations tab which finally says that a military ship is in orbit (which it isn’t of course since Fleet ships cannot go into orbit), and the Research button can be clicked.

Anyway, since I was in the beginning of the game and wasted so much time (also in-game time in which effectively almost nothing was done while the AI undoubtedly developed itself without problems) I decided to start over again, and hopefully will not encounter these accursed Cultists anymore.

Everyone thanks, and I will give this game one last chance.

• 3Like
Reactions: