• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Sieltris

Recruit
51 Badges
Mar 31, 2014
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Stellaris
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Semper Fi
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Magicka
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
Hello!

I'm playing Rurikids starting from 867 with RoI installed and now it's year 945 and in year 930 I got two travelling bishops whom I asked to tell more of the Lord. But it's been 15 years since then and no offer to adopt Orthodoxy pops up. I remember from my previous games that it happened much faster. Please tell me if I'm missing something or what the problem is?

Hello!

I'm playing Rurikids starting from 867 with RoI installed and now it's year 945 and in year 930 I got two travelling bishops whom I asked to tell more of the Lord. But it's been 15 years since then and no offer to adopt Orthodoxy pops up. I remember from my previous games that it happened much faster. Please tell me if I'm missing something or what the problem is?
It's random, easier way would be to go and raid Orthodox counties and take a concubine.

Hello!

Something similar happened to me.

In a recent Pagan game, I wanted to get converted. A preacher arrived and I allowed him to stay. I event got an additional event where he converted someone and I let him continue. And then nothing, for over a decade.

By best guess is that the proselytizer died, but I have no way to doublecheck.

It's random, easier way would be to go and raid Orthodox counties and take a concubine.

Yeah but that results in a severe piety hit. More importantly, only you convert via the concubine whereas with outside conversion a large amount of your realm/dynasty also converts with you.

The way I did it was to conquer the southern half of Sardinia when it was an independent county. I got Orthodox and Sunni clergy visiting regularly.

In the end I converted to Sunni Islam not Orthodoxy, actually, but I kept getting Orthodox preachers fairly regularly prior to my conversion.

Something similar happened to me.

In a recent Pagan game, I wanted to get converted. A preacher arrived and I allowed him to stay. I event got an additional event where he converted someone and I let him continue. And then nothing, for over a decade.

By best guess is that the proselytizer died, but I have no way to doublecheck.

Yeah but that results in a severe piety hit. More importantly, only you convert via the concubine whereas with outside conversion a large amount of your realm/dynasty also converts with you.
Piety hit matters little when you're an orthodox, and you can just demand conversion for your vassals or raise your crown authority to medium and revoke every pagans titles without tyranny.