• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Havanabananaman

Corporal
75 Badges
Mar 15, 2012
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • Sengoku
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Majesty 2
  • Magicka
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • 500k Club
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
I had posted this some expansions earlier, but i guess it's time to address again:

The option to give out loans to other players is ridiculously worthless.

Under Economy actions there has been the option to give a "Loan offer" to other nations, which has been there the whole game, yet it never could be used properly for a couple of reasons.

1. the duration is limited to 25 months - lets say 2 years for measure with the loan you can get from economy tab.
that loan has a duration of 5 years + option to extend the loan.

2. Player Loans cannot ever be extended and they have to be paid back in total. (there is interest, yet this has to be payed back with the original loan, or it will not be payed back at all)

3. Loan offers do not increase inflation afaik, so here might be an incentive to use them, yet it is impossible to loan someone a considerable amount of money (let's assume they want to fight a prolonged war with said money) and expect them to pay it back within 2 years.

The easiest way to fix this would be to have a longer time span possible for your player loans. At the very least 5 years, but given how they work atm, 10years would be more realistic.

And/Or have them paid back like regular loans, which is over time - the very idea why a loan to another player could be a good thing. (steady income is always better to manage than lump sums)

As i said in the beginning this is a multiplayer issue mostly, because the games we play often has people playing small trade nations, which would really like to see the option to increase their wealth through the military players.

Reactions:
As far as I know right now they do not let the button on diplomacy work anymore. It still exists yet there is no point of it. If the feature is gone they should remove it from the game right away or they need to make it useful again. I do think it should be a part of the game again and it would need to be changed from what is said above and/or you need to change the loans to come from other countries in the economy tab where you will owe certain percentage of the loans according to how much money other countries have saved that others are borrowing and each month that country who is saving the money and is loaning it should keep it yet get a monthly gain. It would be similar to Vic 2. All could be stupid ideas but I like to hear what others say.

Last edited:
In multiplayer, couldn't you work around that? If you give another player a present (200 ducats, say) and the other player gives you subsidies over say 10 years with an amount of 1.8 ducats, then you will get your money back with some interest over time. I haven' tried that, but shouldn't it work?

Reactions:
In multiplayer, couldn't you work around that? If you give another player a present (200 ducats, say) and the other player gives you subsidies over say 10 years with an amount of 1.8 ducats, then you will get your money back with some interest over time. I haven' tried that, but shouldn't it work?

yes this would work, but it requires lots of talking and trust between the players to begin with.
i would hope to see this as a proper tool between players and possible with the AI.

i mean you can now loan out your army and fight the Wars of other nations, yet something as simple as investing into other nations is not possible in a reasonable manner.

Reactions: