• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

gammapaladin

First Lieutenant
3 Badges
Sep 14, 2009
  • Majesty 2
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • 500k Club
So, I have an idea for a mod that seems as though it should be simple enough. It should be cut and paste, largely. I think.

What I want to do is just clone the Assembly faction entirely, and then modify a few of their techs/unit roster, and replace the Arc tech line with the Bio tech line.

Remove the Vorpal Sniper, replace the Scavengers with Prowlers, replace the Electrocutioners with Bouncers. Then change the Reverse Engineer tech so that it gives Sharpshooters instead. Do the same with the Lightning Rider tech, so it gives Shepherds (They just seem to fit with Therians), then replace Wreckers with Chemists, and the Reaver with the Apex.

Swap out the Arc line in the tech tree (As we've eliminated most of the Arc weapon using units) for the bio line (Therians all use firearms or bio weapons) to properly support the new unit roster, and we should have a playable Therian faction. Not a fully customized faction build around Therians, but the Assembly techs will mostly work for them.

Some of the module techs will need to be revised, but that can be done later.

Like I said, this seems like it ought to be relatively simple to do... But I'm used to modding with like, notepad++, and raw xml/json/script files. The modding tools for this confuse me :D

Any tips on where to start with cloning tech trees would be handy.

• 2Like
Reactions: