• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

LeChacalPuant

Sergeant
18 Badges
Oct 16, 2016
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
Hello

So I'm a year away from the last time I played cause I had no computer since that time.
Anyway, I remember having found a way to pillage a whole county in a single pause.

As a nomad or a tribal, you can pillage
holdings, and it takes away two buildings in the county. You can only do it once, then the pillage is automated. Or you can stop pillaging, and rehit the button after a while. Anyway, getting rid of the recently burned the lands modifier allows you to continuously pillage holdings.

There are a few ways of getting rid of it, without cheats or mods obviously. You can give the capital holding to a vassal. This removes the modifier for the whole county, you keep the others holdings, thus you can pillage them. Once you get the capital holding back, either inheriting or revoking it, the modifier is again removed, and you can pillage again.

But this way do not allow to pillage the whole county in a single pause, as I remember doing. I didn't emprison my newly created vassal, that's for sure.

So I came here to ask : do anyone know how to get rid of the modifier in a single pause ? Or inherit a county you just gave in the same pause you gave it ?

Thanks for reading

Consider the thread closed, I just remembered how I did it :
- County must have a castle
-Castle must be county capital
- Pillage every holding
- Intrigue menu, invite a steward or a priest
- The event window gives you two choices : the guy can stay, the guy should leave, but he will do both so don't choose yet
- Give him the castle in the county you want to pillage
- Pillage again (unfortunately you cannot pillage its property but you can pillage the holdings you kept) as giving away a capital county removes the modifier from the whole county
- Kill the guy by choosing "I do not want him to stay" in the event window still opened
- Pillage again, as inheriting a county removes the modifier from the whole county
- Repeat

Thanks for reading

• 1Like
Reactions: