• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Sheltonious

Major
13 Badges
Apr 18, 2008
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • 500k Club
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
Pyrric Victory Campaign

PyrricVictory.jpg

EU Rome - Vae Victus - Version 2.1

Pyrric Victory:
Welcome everyone to the Pyrric Victory Campaign. The very first Vae Victus Online Campaign. I would like to invite any newcomers to join our illustrious campaign, there is always room for more. The campaign takes place every Wednesday from 5:30pm to 8:30pm GMT-6. For questions, concerns or complaints then you can post here or email me at sheltoniousmaximus@yahoo.com. Strength and Honor to you all!!

Victory Conditions - Last nation standing: (Eliminate all other players)
It will have to be a unanimous vote, among the remaining players, to quit or claim a draw. Now if someone just really wants to quit then we can't stop them, obviously if someone quits they are out of the tournament. But if there are two or three nations left and one or two does not wish to continue but the other does then the one who still wants to continue would be the winner. If the last remaining nations want to claim an allied victory it will not be listed as a victory for either side, it will be called a draw. The only way to earn a victory in this campaign would be by eliminating all the other players. And the only players eligible to vote on the conclusion of a campaign would be the ones who have NOT been eliminated. So if playerA has his country annexed and chooses to play a minor for the remainder of the campaign and he's still around at the end he cannot vote on how that campaign ends. And it is possible for a player to claim a victory with other players still in the game as long as all the other players had been previously eliminated. Also, the country you pick is the one you have to finish with. If you choose to switch countries you will automatically be eliminated. You will still be able to play as any unclaimed nation of your choosing, but you will be considered eliminated for the remainder of the campaign.

----------------------Country List----------------------

Rome: Sheltonious
Carthage: KenG
Egypt: Pax25
Macedonia: EmperorTy(Eliminated)
Seleucid Empire: Dan of Kentucky
Armenia: Osfratman

This is the map as of Dec. 30th 2008
rome_map_8.jpg

16 Nov 554 AVC

Last edited:
Country Selection

All the majors are taken but there are plenty of minors available. If you have the Vae Victus expansion and wish to join us then just post your country selection here.

hi well if no one objects I'd like to play as Armenia, no idea why just always had a soft spot for the country.
perfectly understandable if theres an objection

osfratman said:
I will take the country in the north :rolleyes: east :)
Lol, ok. Now if you would be so kind as to specify which nation you are talking about. Names are always helpful.

theebum said:
hi well if no one objects I'd like to play as Armenia, no idea why just always had a soft spot for the country.
perfectly understandable if theres an objection

No problem. Welcome to the campaign.

yup got it a little while ago just played as armenia and found out that the first mission for the sec's is destroy the armenians :eek: haha ought to be fun.

Oh those devious missions

Yea everyone will get a mission pitting them against each other. Add to that this is a last man standing campaign, things should get pretty crazy.

Victory Conditions

I just want to clarify my understanding of the victory conditions. The goal is to be the last one standing, but that doesn't mean you can't form alliances (whether they be permanent or temporary) or the game can't end in a allied victory. If it does end in an allied victory, that simply means that noone achieved the ultimate goal and all players that are left standing vote if the game should end in a tie and what countries should be included in the tie. The vote must be unanimous, or else the game continues. These are the same rules used in games of Diplomacy (the game), which work excellent.

Pax25 said:
I just want to clarify my understanding of the victory conditions. The goal is to be the last one standing, but that doesn't mean you can't form alliances (whether they be permanent or temporary) or the game can't end in a allied victory. If it does end in an allied victory, that simply means that noone achieved the ultimate goal and all players that are left standing vote if the game should end in a tie and what countries should be included in the tie. The vote must be unanimous, or else the game continues. These are the same rules used in games of Diplomacy (the game), which work excellent.

That's what I was going for. It will have to be a unanimous vote, among the remaining players, to quit or claim a draw. Now if someone just really wants to quit then we can't stop them, obviously if someone quits they are out of the tournament. But if there are two or three nations left and one or two does not wish to continue but the other does then the one who still wants to continue would be the winner. If the last remaining nations want to claim an allied victory it will not be listed as a victory for either side, it will be called a draw. The only way to earn a victory in this campaign would be by eliminating all the other players. And the only players eligible to vote on the conclusion of a campaign would be the ones who have NOT been eliminated. So if playerA has his country annexed and chooses to play a minor for the remainder of the campaign and he's still around at the end he cannot vote on how that campaign ends.

Sheltonious said:
That's what I was going for. It will have to be a unanimous vote, among the remaining players, to quit or claim a draw. Now if someone just really wants to quit then we can't stop them, obviously if someone quits they are out of the tournament. But if there are two or three nations left and one or two does not wish to continue but the other does then the one who still wants to continue would be the winner. If the last remaining nations want to claim an allied victory it will not be listed as a victory for either side, it will be called a draw. The only way to earn a victory in this campaign would be by eliminating all the other players. And the only players eligible to vote on the conclusion of a campaign would be the ones who have NOT been eliminated. So if playerA has his country annexed and chooses to play a minor for the remainder of the campaign and he's still around at the end he cannot vote on how that campaign ends.

Exactly.

The Tournament Begins

The great tournament of antiquity begins today. All the majors are taken but there are still plenty of minors available, so if you have Vae Victus and want to join then post here. Osfratman list which nation you want by name. Although we can still have alliances they will be temporary, it will be fun to watch the politics involved in the formations and break ups of these temporary unions. This campaign should be very interesting.

has anyone else had trouble logging in to the mp? sigh hopefully i get this figured out before tonight

I plege my temporay alligance to any nation that promises to stop the secluids from swallowing me whole! haha
you have my promise ill only try to stab you in the back once im no longer afraid the the sec.

if I the get the damn thing working!

Yahoo Messenger

Can everyone who's new to our our group download yahoo messenger and post your handle? Thanks.

Also be sure to check your email on the forums since that is also a good way to communicate.