• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
How's your badboy? Must be pretty bad. You see it if you hover with the mouse over the loyalty in the character screen of one of your vassals. It will say -x because of reputation.

And Dragomir sure doesn't waste time with getting children.

Duchy of Karntern rebelled and declared war. They were quickly defeated. With the largest battle with 14000 Croatians against 7000 rebells. Now Mikica was just waiting for another rebellion. The biggest threats were Veglia and Zachlumnia.

Zachlumnia rebelled and declared war.

Battle of Zachlumnia began. Croats outnumbered Zachlumnians 2 to 1. Battle raged and king himself was fighting. Mikica killed 4 men already and was in the middle of a fight with another when he was pierced from behind. The men that pierced him soon died by Mikica's sword, but Mikica was severly wounded. Croats won the battle and the siege was started. Mikica was taken care of in his tent. Peace was agreed and Mikica returned to Venice where he was put to bed.

In the end Mikica died the wounds were too serious. Emerik inherited Croatia at the age of 12.

It was a tough time for Croatia, would he be the one to bring Croatia to glory.

In this time of saddness vassals show no heart and sympathy. They ask for a feudal contract (ummm...help, what's that?) or they would rebel. Emerik's advisors had to agree.

Zachlumnia was now at war with Hungary as Hungary was allied with Croatia. Emerik's advisors offered them to become vassals and they agreed. One part of Croatia restored. The problem was still that Hungray was at war with Zachlumnia and they have even sent an army there. Emerik's advisors have made a decision to declare war on Hungary. Croatian army saved Zachlumnia and afterwards Krizevci from Hungary. Advisors offered white peace to Hungary but they rejected and instead offered 13 gold for peace.

Pope came to Croatia and sat down young Emerik and told him couple of epic crusade tales making him want to go there himself. Pope said that he counts on him as soon as he comes of age. (Emerik gained the trait crusader)

Damn events, Emerik lost 4 points on intrigue. But he has 11 on diplomacy and there are no problems with the vassals anymore.

Half of the Apenin peninsula fell to the Arabs, the Papal state is on the first line of defence. Does figthing Arabs decrease my reputation?

Last edited:
No, if you take lands from Arabs your reputation won't be hurt. Thus, if you give that away (AFTER you made peace, otherwise they'll go free) you get a better reputation. If you have enough men, go for it.

Feudal Contract is a ruling law. And a pretty good one. It's not that bad you got it. Only bad thing would be going elective through it, but you will just crush them then.

Your reputation must be pretty bad, I say go crusading!

Damn tough times, but now our young lad has a destiny to clearly fulfill!

Emerik was 16. He decided he would wait for his armies to get stronger and the treasury richer. He managed to get duke of Karnten to become his vassal.

He finished his education and became a grey eminence now he secured that his vassals wouldn't rebel (+8 diplomacy)

luuuuudrx8.jpg

Emerik got the news that the Papal states are starting to gain land form the Arabs so he ordered the attack of Bari. He soon then declared war on Kingdom of Ziridi and Sheikdoms of Annaba and Bizerte.

Venician army was summoned 14000 strong and the armies of Senj, Zadar and Split 7000 strong were merged together.

The war was over fast as Croatia took the lower part of the Apenins. But during all this the Papal state fell to the Arabs.

Emerik had to stop fighting as his gold was gone. He had to wait until the treasury filled up again.

Pope in exile has called for the liberation of Rome. Kingdom of Germany and France declared war on
Emirate of Grenada which ruled whole of Iberian peninsula and much of the Apenins. This was a really good time to start figthing and take Rome.

Emerik decided to go to war again. He wanted to take Rome back. After declaring war no the Sheikdom of Roma, the Emirate of Grenada declared war on Croatia. But Croatia had the power to resist them.

Here is how it played out. Croatian forces from Venice took out Rome first and then went north. Forces from rest of Croatia took Foggia. Croats took all except this green province next Napoli. Then came all of the Emirates army. Emerik tried to get peace but it failed. After that he done what no Croatian King done before. He called for a grand mobilisation. His army could've taken them out but it took a long time to get them there and Croatia lost Napoli. This time the Emirates decided to accept peace. (No pics as it was very very interesting and forgot all about screenshots.)

This is it for now.

Hehe, archbishop of Romagna accepted my vassalisation offer. I just randomly selected a province in the Apenines.

This is really it...I just can't have enough of this game.

You are doing pretty well as Croatia. Good AAR so far.

It looks really good now. You not only managed to get a decent reputation again, you kicked out the Arabs from Italy and now are close to being King of Sicily.

If you could get Tuscany you should be able to usurp and get the title King of Italy from the Germans as well. This would make you unopposed on the peninsula and one of the strongest states in general.

Well done with the crusade. I see Emerik is drowning in prestige and piety! And still such a young lad at that :)

You should probably conquer Sicily when your treasury recovers, and make yourself king of Naples.

Thanks all for comments and CSK for guidance.
I already made myself a king of Naples

Emerik became a Papal controller. If only I could find where the pope is.

Emerik thought it was time to take Sicily from the Arabs. So he did. Emerik had to declare war on Kingdom of Ziridi once again. The biggest battle of this war was the battle of Palermo wher 16000 Croats fought 14000 Arabs. It was a glorious victory. Now Croatia has all of Sicily and Emerik could proclaim himself as the Duke of Sicily and King of Naples. While he was at it he proclaimed himself Duke of Croatia altough he was the King of Croatia but he thought it would sound really cool.

If you look at the map. The Arabs are capturing everything. Emerik would wait untill they conquered much so he can take it for himself.

When a province has the same color as my Kingdom but they aren't a pert of the kingdom what does that mean?

Finally Duchy of Krain decided to became Croatian vassals. All it too was a new duke of Krain who was a lot smarter than the last one. Emerik proclaimed himself a Duke of Istria. Now if only Duchy of Toscana came to its senses.

Finally the Pope found a place to stay. The new Papal State is now in the county of Salzburg. Altough Emerik is the papal controller he can't excommunicate anyone because the Pope has 0 prestige. Finally the Pope recalled the crusades. Someone must have told him that Rome was saved.

The Pope died. New pope is the bishop Dobroslav that was given his bishopric by Emerik. Now Emerik can control the pope again.

Emerik waited to long and the Arabs were kicked.

Pope called to arms again. Burgos was the target.

Will Emerik decide to liberate it and take the Iberian peninsula for himself? Stay tuned for the next update.

kramari said:
When a province has the same color as my Kingdom but they aren't a pert of the kingdom what does that mean?
All it means is that the realm that province belongs to has assigned the same colour as your own realm. Makes the map a little confusing, is all.

Shame you can't find the Pope, but if he is landless than the position of controller is probably even more worthless than usual.

If a country has the same colour as yours but isn't part of your realm this means it is a different country, there just aren't enough colours in CK. :p

And I'd say go for Iberia! If you can do it there is no sense in letting them live.

125000 men hope thats enough. 3 times more then the Emirates of Granada. But if I wait a little, someone will attack them before me and they will be weaker.

That big green splash in Iberia is Granada? You better attack before their manpower goes up, they are probably recovering from some war right now.

They are actually under attack from everyone. In few minutes I played they already lost 10000 men.

To acquaint you with my plan.

Circled provinces are under Arab rule.

I will mobilise the whole Kingdom

I will make my way over sea and spread through Iberia like small pox through Usora

Venice is south slavic...yay. Only Venice gives 30000 men...wow.

The ponies are seddled up and put on the ships. Prepare for victory or doom but most definatly bankrupcy.

This is the result!!

Croatia managed to get almost whole Iberia. It resulted with a -8000 gold.

First armies that were sent spent 3500 gold only for transport. Armies arrived to Malaga taking it quickly. From there armies started spreading. Second army was launched to Castellon. Spreading from there they took the Emirates one by one. Emirates of Granada fought hard sending much of its forces to the Apenins attacking Napoli and Salerno. Fortunately Croatia had its armies there. Second wave of the Emirates came and attacked Sevilla constantly. Croatia succesfully defended it.

During this time King Emerik died. He was inherited by Mirko. Before Emerik died he had 3500 piety and 4500 prestige. Then all hell broke loose. Some of the vassals seeing their armies destroyed, declared independance (lesson learned, disband armies before annihilated).

This King finished the job well. In the end Iberia is conquered. Unfortunately lots of vassals declared independance. This is a new era for Croatia. Maybe after they recover they will try kicking the Arabs out of Africa. Who knows?

I'm really sorry for my update being like this. I just kept on playing. Also my writing skills suck so...