• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Fediuld76

Captain
90 Badges
Sep 13, 2017
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Divine Wind
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
With the enforcment of PDX launcher on all games, we have issues trying to create custom game profiles from GPU drivers because they target the executable which is the wrapper-launcher and not the actual executable that actually runs the game sending the information to the GPU.
Something we used to be able to do for years not before the launcher-wrapper implementation.

For example.
If we do not use full screen mode to force 60fps the game runs on the maximum set on the system, in my case 144hz (2560x1440) which my GPU can do. So we have useless usage of electricity and thermals. There is no reason to play Stellaris, EU4, CK4, Imperator over 60fps, they are not competitive FPS games like BF5 or World of Tanks or Counterstrike. Not asking to cap them, but personally as a user don't see the reason not been able to do so in windows display mode, like used to do up to a year ago.

I'm indeed unable to limit FPS using Radeon Chill on HOI4; was that possible with the older launcher?
I've been able to do it on all the other games though, by changing the executable that is targeted; just that on HOI4, none of the executables (even hoi4.exe) work.

Limiting FPS is also good for the CPU; you want your CPU to work as less as possible on outputting the graphics, and say 45 FPS+ is useless in PDX games.

I'm indeed unable to limit FPS using Radeon Chill on HOI4; was that possible with the older launcher?
I've been able to do it on all the other games though, by changing the executable that is targeted; just that on HOI4, none of the executables (even hoi4.exe) work.

Limiting FPS is also good for the CPU; you want your CPU to work as less as possible on outputting the graphics, and say 45 FPS+ is useless in PDX games.

I used to be able to do it on all PDX games with my AMD GPUs (FuryX, Vega 64, 5700XT) over the last 4 years since the implementation of FTRC and Chill, but not since the new launcher/wrapper was implemented few months back.

RTSS doesn't work either now, which I am using on my laptop (GTX1060).

Have you looked for the correct .exe with the AMD driver? Typically in EU4 it was detecting the crash reporter for me. You need to go gaming -> 3 dots on the upper right side -> add a game.
Doesn't work for HOI4 though.

Have you looked for the correct .exe with the AMD driver? Typically in EU4 it was detecting the crash reporter for me. You need to go gaming -> 3 dots on the upper right side -> add a game.
Doesn't work for HOI4 though.

Not any more. It used to with the older launcher but not since they made the 64bit patch. Is integrated to the wrapper/launcher like Stellaris, HOI, Imperator.

And is not only AMD has issues. RTSS doesn't work any more on the laptop where I have a GTX1060.

So I discovered you don't want to use FPS limiters, as they impact the turn time. Turn time should be independent from FPS but for some reason it's not the case; I tested it in Stellaris so far.
For example if limiting my fps to e.g. 40 FPS, I get worse turn time by a couple seconds (timed it). The issue is that without limiters, the FPS go stupidly high and make the graphic card work for no reason. When pausing in Stellaris, my card goes to 300+ FPS working at full intensity, which makes no sense!