• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Looks promising as i really enjoyed especially the first installment of the WarGame-series!

In this sense

Smartcom

That last shot is very interesting, especially the frontline and how you can call in naval support fire.

Man, some of the ideas in that article sound really interesting. I gotta hand it to Eugen, at least they do innovate. It's nice to see, in this era of so many cookie cutter videogames.

B1 Bis, nice.
Beutepanzer company against Airborne troops will make for an interesting sight, as one side lacks AT weaponry to counter the outdated and aged tanks of the other side. Kind of a hammer without a head against a rusted out anvil.

I like that metaphor, and the idea of seeing them square off! Will certainly cause some headache to the allied player.

At least until an allied armoured division appears and the Shermans start to experience a rare moment of technological supremacy...

Shermans start to experience a rare moment of technological supremacy

Shermans experience technological supremacy every time they encounter any of the abundant Panzer IVs or StuGs.

Well... Yes, but they are quite a bit more closely matched than the Tiger/Panther vs Sherman or Sherman vs Beutepanzer match ups. ;-)

Shermans actually tended to win fighting Panthers when they were driven by US tankers. The official study conducted by the US Army after the Second World War found that 3rd and 4th Armored Divisions had a 3.6-1 kill rate in their favor.

Shermans actually tended to win fighting Panthers when they were driven by US tankers. The official study conducted by the US Army after the Second World War found that 3rd and 4th Armored Divisions had a 3.6-1 kill rate in their favor.

...and we both know this is a discussion already taking over a number of threads here, despite it being more suitable for academic journals and books than the short format of internet forums :)