• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

LesterBang

Recruit
17 Badges
Mar 5, 2021
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Empire of Sin - Deluxe Edition
  • Empire of Sin
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall - Revelations
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Season pass
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Premium edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Deluxe edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
Hi all, trying to play the game for the first time but whenever I try to launch it it gets to 30% then boots me back to desktop. Up until now based on searching for a solution online I've tried reinstalling, disabling AV and firewall during boot up and removing usb devices during launch. All to no avail. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Please go here:
And run the x86 and x64 installers there.

Add stellaris.exe to the exceptions list of your antivirus app; ESPECIALLY if you have Windows Defender, add it to the Ransomware "Apps Allowed Through" list.
You should add steam.exe and C:/users/<UserName>/AppData/Local/Programs/Paradox Interactive/launcher-v2.2021.1/paradox launcher.exe to that list.

DXDIAG is a program you run from a command prompt or the Windows start menu 'run' dialog box (or 'search programs' in Windows 7 or later). After running it will open a window and start collecting info with a progress bar in the lower-left corner. When it completes click the 'save all information' button and save it to a file then attach that file here.

Please attach your Documents/Paradox/Stellaris/settings.txt and pdx_settings.txt .
From your Documents/Paradox/Stellaris/logs/ folder, attach system.log , error.log .

Tried your suggestions, still no dice. Here's the files you requested although I could not find Documents/Paradox/Stellaris/settings.txt

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    98,2 KB · Views: 0
  • pdx_settings.txt
    278 bytes · Views: 0
  • error.log
    366 bytes · Views: 0
  • system.log
    12,5 KB · Views: 0
This is definitely an antivirus app getting in the way:
[17:25:45][virtualfilesystem_physfs.cpp:1193]: Could not open file: settings.txt, error: permission denied
Which one do you use?

That's the one we have most trouble with, I'm afraid! I assume it has a list of what apps it blocked recently, go into that and tell it not to block this game or our launcher any more.

Good luck!