• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
That was a touching end of the story. Abrupt, yet fitting. I applaud you, @stnylan , you made a wonderful tale out of your game! I hope to see more from you, soon.:)
Very many thanks Nikolai. It has been great having you along as well.

Well done! Of course, I feel extra honored to have finally been part of an @stnylan AAR. Someone still remembers some post you gave many years ago about viewing and commenting! ;)

Though I must admit, I'm disappointed the whole galaxy isn't Pax! :p Ah, well, still better than anything I've managed to accomplish so far! :rolleyes:

By the love that moves the suns and stars, I do say well done!
Thank you kindly. I must smile - I have been a bit of a broken record about viewing and commentating over the years, but I still believe in that very strongly.

Shame.

Sorry, I had to.
Quite alright - and quite appropriate. I am glad that earlier post resonated.

It was a well done and very enjoyable AAR! Nothing wrong with stopping at the right point. After all Stellaris isn't a game with a time limit like all the other Paradox titles.

Now go enjoy Utopia!
Hehe. I intend to. I have, in fact, been fiddling around with it (copied a 1.04 version of Stellaris so been able to play both versions), but am looking forward to digging deeper. However, since they have published the 1.06 Adams patch notes this week I will hold fire until that launches since I don't want to start a game which patches immediately.

You keep saying version 1.04 - Do you really mean 1.4?

Haha, old habits I'm sure.:D Until a few years ago, each PDS patch only incremented 0.01 at a time.
I do indeed mean 1.4 - but as @Nikolai says Paradox 'trained' me back in the day to always work in 1.xx, and that habit has stuck, for better or for worse.

I see you have finished the tale and yet I'm still only on page 14. I will continue reading and my only regret is that I didn't catch up while you were still going.

I just got to the point where the Pax's leader's title was renamed to Protector. That has rather Cromwellian overtones and I wonder what it will mean for the - so far - very peaceful Pax. I'm afraid some serious compromising of principles will follow soon.

Ahh @Stuyvesant - I don't want to say too much, but I will see the Pax has some evolving yet to do.

A good end to a wonderful story. I'm looking forward to seeing your next Stellaris AAR, particularly with the additions from Banks (and who knows what they'll add [or change] next).

Excellent writing from the beginning to the end, and unexpected but fitting point of ending. The mix between the narrative and the history also added a lot to it, giving a different perspective as the events unfolded. Shame I didn't catch up until now as I couldn't comment during the final chapters, but I wanted to nonetheless thank you for this trip across the galaxy!

A good end to a wonderful story. I'm looking forward to seeing your next Stellaris AAR, particularly with the additions from Banks (and who knows what they'll add [or change] next).
Well I do hope to do another Stellaris AAR, but I am opting for something different first.

Excellent writing from the beginning to the end, and unexpected but fitting point of ending. The mix between the narrative and the history also added a lot to it, giving a different perspective as the events unfolded. Shame I didn't catch up until now as I couldn't comment during the final chapters, but I wanted to nonetheless thank you for this trip across the galaxy!
Thank you for your support, and I am glad you liked it. I think finding an ending point for Stellaris AARs is, unless the game ends in victory ordefeat, or discontinued for technical reasons, a new challenge Paradox have presented us with due to lack of an actual end time.

All

I have chosen to start another AAR, and something very different. Of all Paradox games Victoria II has passed me by - it fell right in the middle of my Paradox lull. But I always loved the original game, with Revolutions even more. Therefore I have decided to start A VictoriAARn Education - Learning Victoria II with Sweden. I basically have no idea what I am doing. Intended as (bad) gameplay only.

TFSriYX.png

9Rbllyf.png
In which year were taken these screenshots? 2400? 2500? How many people and which species live in Pax?

In which year were taken these screenshots? 2400? 2500? How many people and which species live in Pax?
Those were taken in 2383.

By that time 1187 pops were in the empire, across five species (Reshethi, Mesh'Ben, Ikarzuri, Dabulan and Human). There were a total of 9 human sub-species. There was a 3-pop pre-sentient species which I don't think I ever mentioned in the AAR itself.