• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(463427)

Recruit
1 Badges
Mar 10, 2012
  • Sengoku
Hi everyone, my problems are these: the game keeps freezing (no matter what clan/character) on January 1st, 1471, then, if I try to load the autosave, it simply freezes and exits to desktop again. I'm really stuck with this, because...

I went to get the 1.4 Patch to see if that would help, but I keep getting a message that says that it is incompatible with my version of Windows, which seems odd bearing in mind that I have Windows 7 and have all the updates for it. And that is from all the places I could find to get it from.

Any and all help would be much appreciated.

P.S. Also, anyone who knows how to activate the simple version of the map, so without all the textures, that too would be good. My computer can cope with the game, but I'd rather it was quieter ;)!

We are working on releasing a patch that fixes the game freeze ASAP. You can activate legacy mode by opening the settings.txt file in your game folder and changing the option "legacy_mode=no" to "legacy_mode=yes".

Thank you Zoft.
I managed to get the 1.4 patch sorted now too, so that's fine :). As for the settings.txt, there is no part that says "legacy_mode=no" at all, do I add it? If so, where?

Thanks again.

EDIT: Furthermore, even if I try to add it, I can't save because it comes up as 'Access Denied'.

Last edited:
Put "legacy_mode=yes" in the mapRenderingOptions={ .. } block, like right after "draw_citysprawl=yes". If you get access denied make sure the game is not running and try to edit the file as administrator.

Okay, I've managed to get around the access denied problem by saving the edited one in My Documents, then deleting the one in the game file, and importing the edited and changable one. Now though, I've done what you told me to, and I can't see anything different in the game: nothing has changed. This is what my 'settings.txt' reads:

gui=
{
language=l_english
}
graphics=
{

refreshRate=60
fullScreen=yes
shadows=no
shadowSize=1024
multi_sampling=2
anisotropic_filtering=0