• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(665354)

<b>Cyanide Montreal</b><br>Developer
1 Badges
Feb 15, 2013
www.impiregame.com
  • Impire
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
IMPIRE CHANGELOG
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Version 1.0.1.2 19/02/2013

Fixes:
- Ch.1 Act 1: Fix camera out of bounds when placing kitchen.
- Ch.1 Act 3: Gate not opening and crash during boss fight, and end of scenario
- Ch.1 Act 4: Skulls Side quest and Golden keys side quests now work properly
- Ch.4 Act 5: Resources will be gained provided you have access to the stockroom.
- Fixes in stability. No more game crash at end of scenario.
- Fixed Giving orders to units during combat, for both squads and single units.
- There are no more Asserts, and other pop ups, except for unhandled exceptions which CTD and provide a .dmp file.
- Fixed to two musics playing at the same time.
- Fixed gui sliders not going through full range
- Fixed being unable to equip runes.
- Updated German Localisation.
- Misc GUI fixes.
- Fixed Camera out of bound problems, and when squads in world map.

Tweaks:
- Ch.2 Act 1: Coloured fire is replaced by symbols for color blindness issues.
- Mouse Scroll (for camera) delay has been disabled.
For users who use WASD to move camera you can disable the mouse scroll in the options.
We will work to add an option for delay time.
- Aggressiveness is now regained by all units idling, up to 50%.

Known Bugs:
- "Dark Halls": This is an issue with AMD/ATI video cards. Please disable SmoothVisionHD and the bug should go away.
- Steam Cloud: Save games are local, and game profiles are cloud only.
- Units escaping emprisonment might behave oddly or not move at all
- Multiplayer (co-op campaign and skirmish games), though fully featured, remains in beta-status. Some surface scratches have to be polished.
- Crashes may occur at the end of or during a skirmish game.
- Skirmish: Capture the Dragon: if Baal is killed at the Gateway while carrying the dragon,
the dragon may not respawn correctly and and thus become unreachable.
- Problems with possible display resolutions. Work is ongoing.
- On some hardware configurations, changing the resolution while in full screen mode, switchin to full screen, or turning on VSync may cause the screen to go black/flicker and the game to enter an unresponsive state. It will reset after 15 seconds

Notes:
- The new patch might cause a game crash upon loading a game saved with the previous version. Your campaign progress should not be affected.

Last edited:
Thanks a LOT for the patch. From the patch notes it seems to be fixing most of the "bug" problems I was having with the game (especially the Camera OutOfBound). 1 week after the release is what I consider very acceptable for a patch especially since I didnt expect it so fast (I work in Corporate Application hosting so I have an idea on the process a patch has to go through before going live).

Now there may be issues left with the gameplay that can/should be improved but at least I should (hopefully) be able to play the game as it is without crashing.

As you can see by OP a new version of Impire is now on steam. There are several fixes, but I think the most interesting ones for players will be no more error pop ups. all difficulties should now be selectable. We also fixed combat, so you can better give your units actions, to move away, or attack another unit.

Our next patch should be coming in towards the end of the week. Steam cloud saves will be done, and multiplayer coop should be much more stable.

We're mulling over the whole ladder situation, and thinking about a viable solution which doesn't break game balance, etc. Hopefully we'll have something quick.

Thank you for your continued support.

-Katarak

Something we forgot to mention is that there is a strong chance that the save files might not be compatible with the new version, thus causing a crash of the game. We're sorry about this, but some of the changes were too important to bypass this problem.

Steam Cloud: Save games are local, and game profiles are cloud only.
Ah alright good point. But it still doesn't let me load the game from these save files (Again I don't use Cloud anything) that I found in my Documents (was looking in the Saved Games folder previously). So hopefully that gets fixed so I can play more then the first couple missions. But obviously stuff is getting done and the aggressiveness being regained by idle units is a nice touch. Thanks for the patch.