• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The special relationship, if it ever really existed, was always subservient to national interest of both sides. I don't recall Britain fighting in Vietnam or the US being particularly helpful over Suez.

In the grand scheme of things, if you genuinely believe your country is a stake, I think most leaders of the time would sacrifice a few thousand foreigners. The US has hung enough people out to dry, often fatally, when it hasn't suited them so they're hardly one to claim the moral high ground.

Agreed. But let's not go OT, shall we?

On the above talk, there's a striking similarity between the above and the Brits and the somewhat-believed view that Mossad knew about 9/11...but I digress.

Pippy: Jack's cult of personality is, ironically enough, the biggest aid to the others. He's a national hero. People forgot about him beginning the slow move towards Vietnam for a reason...a reason which will be revealed soon.

As for ODESSA versus Osterreich, well, the issue remains that there are over 100,000 Germans involved so far...think of the possibilities!

Derek: Consider in reality that Congress recommended removing the blame from Kimmel in the late 90s I believe. There was quality intelligence running around IRL suggesting the Japanese intended to attack, combined with the huge majority of the IJN just disappearing.

Atlantic/trek/Pippy: Ah, the forgotten men. The British do have a role to play, and not just as a glorified naval base...but once again, you'll have to wait and see.

Update will probably be later - I just got my hands on Silent Hunter 3, and want to have a serious tilt at that.

The second was even more disturbing. It was an intelligence analysis, dated the same day.

Japanese Intentions in the Pacific
9/14/41

We have every belief that the Japanese intend to go to war with the United States through out the Pacific at the next convenient opportunity. We are of the belief that they are preparing for this with all of their being.

William Donovan

That'll let us get into Europe. --FDR

The President KNEW about Pearl Harbor?!

Nice leap of logic there, buddy. :p