• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

.NoWay.

Captain
104 Badges
Apr 6, 2016
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Surviving Mars
  • Steel Division: Normand 44 Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
So I wanted to check the new Paradox Mods but keep getting error messages:
- The mod cannot be found
- Paradox Mod server isn't available
- Internal error
- Couldn't fetch mod details

I hope the stability will improve...

EDIT: it is also VERY slow. Just loading a mod takes a minute or more. And when opening Paradox Mods it checks mod updates, but even without any mods it takes over a minute. How long will it take when you have 100+ mods (or 1000+ assets)?

• 6Like
Reactions:
Getting the same here - I'm guessing there's more load on their servers than expected...

It's a little bit frustrating though. Hope they can sort it out swiftly.

• 6Like
Reactions:
They must have seen SimCity's failed launch and were like: nah we're not that popular, that won't happen to us.

Screenshot 2024-03-25 183901.png

• 8Haha
  • 4Like
Reactions:
Wow. down already. They already struggle to get the servers running... and the playerbase is still way lower than cs1..
imagen if the playerbases rise. I think they have a big server issue.

Because as more mods and assets (in future) will be added, more people will use it and more bandwith etc is needed. and if they struggle already, i foresee they need to upgrade alot of hardware..... wich might increase future DLC prices?

Reactions:
The steam workshop already has bad experiences (unstable download and sync) in my area, I expected the ParadoxMod platform would bring some new experience, but it turns out it has no more but only less function and can't even be accessed. CO&Paradox, did you even do the stress test?! And here I'm keep reconnecting at 2:13 AM!

• 1Like
Reactions:
The worst was i could finally download 3 mods but when I restarted the game it said that there was a mismatch between my local and my cloud profile so it removed everything again. What a mess

• 3Haha
  • 1Like
Reactions:
they dont even get this mods right, not working at all, what a joke
If it's caused by high traffic, that's strictly speaking not the developers' fault. Also it'll be temporary.

That's not an excuse. They postponed the release already to get it 'working'. Well, it ain't working right now either...
Server load has nothing to do with working vs. not working. Servers have finite capacity, when they're at capacity they can't handle more requests, simple as that. I suppose maybe the devs could've arranged for more server capacity somehow, but that sounds like overkill for a temporary problem.

Reactions:
If it's caused by high traffic, that's strictly speaking not the developers' fault. Also it'll be temporary.

Of course it's their fault. You launch a feature that the majority of players have been waiting for since launch. Of course everyone will try it out.

They could have anticipated this and they could have stress tested the system. (and if they did stress test they have underestimated greatly).

• 10Like
Reactions:

Server load has nothing to do with working vs. not working. Servers have finite capacity, when they're at capacity they can't handle more requests, simple as that. I suppose maybe the devs could've arranged for more server capacity somehow, but that sounds like overkill for a temporary problem.
There is a thing in the world called 'Stress Test'

• 4Like
Reactions:
There is a thing in the world called 'Stress Test'
There is also such a thing as waiting for the massive initial traffic to abate.
It's like judging the capacity of a stetch of road by some massive traffic even that happens incredibly rarely, or maybe even only once. That's not what you scale for, it's the regular day-to-day traffic. Temporarily increased server capacity for one or a few days of extra traffic would be nice, sure, but not neccessary in my eyes.

• 1Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
There is also such a thing as waiting for the massive initial traffic to abate.
It's like judging the capacity of a stetch of road by some massive traffic even that happens incredibly rarely, or maybe even only once. That's not what you scale for, it's the regular day-to-day traffic. Temporarily increased server capacity for one or a few days of extra traffic would be nice, sure, but not neccessary in my eyes.
you don't get it I think. If it's properly set up they can just scale up and scale down according to demand. No need to keep a massive server farm running for the 10 people that will still play this game next week. But for the massive influx now it makes sense to scale up. because this is just bad advertising and doesn't sell the product. Which is a shame because I really want this game to succeed.

• 3Like
Reactions:
Do you even have a game running? After the update, I can't run anything, neither the version with mods nor without mods. I'm not using thunderstore right now, all mods are disabled in it, and the app itself is not running. I checked the integrity of the files - it didn't help. I stupidly downloaded the game again - the result is the same. Nothing starts, neither the mod version, nor vanilla.