• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Volume_4

Recruit
Oct 11, 2022
Hi! I tried to look everywhere I could (some solution) but nothing helped. I want to play the game but I can not because even if the game turns on so I just have a white screen and in a few seconds the game turns off and the Paradox Crash Reporter shows. Don't know how to fix it?
crash paradox.png

• 1Like
Reactions:
I actually don't see a crash in those logs, were there no other logs? I can see that your system is a bit on the older side, can you attach a DxDiag as well please?

• Open your Start menu, Cortana or Search
  • Type "dxdiag" in the search field (without quotes)
  • Click on the dxdiag program
  • A window called "DirectX Diagnostic Tool" should pop up now
  • Wait until the green bar at the bottom-left has disappeared
  • At the bottom right-hand side, click on "Save all information"
  • Save it to a place where you can find it easily, for example your desktop
  • Attach this file here

Right click on ck3.exe , properties, compatibility. Tick "disable fullScreen optimisations" untick every other box in that dialog, Apply and exit.
Then in the launcher Game Settings menu, select fullScreen display mode, Vsync off, refresh rate 60.

IF that doesn't help, Please go here:
And run the x86 and x64 installers there.

IF that doesn't help, Has the game ever run OK on this computer? Or never?

IF NEVER:
Install ALL these Microsoft modules:

(run dxsetup.exe after extracting this download to its own folder anywhere on your computer)

Add CK3.exe to the exceptions list of your antivirus app; ESPECIALLY if you have Windows Defender, add it to the Ransomware "Apps Allowed Through" list.

IF IT USED TO WORK:
Please do a full **clean** re-install:

- move any valued save games elsewhere
- "uninstall" in Steam-CK3
- manually delete both the Steam/SteamApps/common/CK3 AND Documents/Paradox Interactive/CK3 folders
- re-install game in Steam, run a Steam Verify when done.
- add CK3.exe to the exceptions list of your antivirus app; ESPECIALLY if you have Windows Defender, add it to the Ransomware "Apps Allowed Through" list.
- start the game with no mods active and test

In particular make sure there are no files or folders left under either the Steam CK3 or Documents CK3 locations, before installing again.

If those don't help:

Please attach here your Documents/Paradox Interactive/CK3/pdx_settings.txt .
From your Documents/Paradox Interactive/CK3/logs/ folder, attach here system.log , error.log , exceptions.log

View attachment 944709
Please help me i cant with mod New Ways and Millenium Dawn in 2018 Help please
Please do not reopen old threads, especially ones with an unrelated problem.

As yours is a mod issue, please post in a new thread in the User Mods forum. Thanks.

Please help!!! My pictures are broken(((:(:(:(:(
This issue is nothing to do with the topic of this thread.

Please make your own new thread, with full problem history and system details, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.