Overlords issues with the new situation system

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Rv3

Private
23 Badges
May 21, 2016
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Stellaris
I play a machine intelligence and since the previous patch I always end up with negative food, even if my empire doesn't use any . Then, of course, bam, situation... Empire wide food shortage!

(The reason behind the actual usage of the said food is of no importance to me, that's up to you devs :p )

Previous to Overlords this would only affect organic populations, and your robotic populations would not be affected by those penalties, which makes total sense. But with this new situation you get totally screwed over for something that your population has simply no use for.

More seriously tho, this is sadly game breaking and it's not the only situation that forced me into making a new game, actually. A for food, my machine empire always collapse mid-game because of negative food production... You know, machine world don't produce any food....... because machine empire don't need any food......

Also had an issue where I had a situation about not having gas... Except that.... I didn't have the tech to have gas... How did this happen you may wonder? An event gave me gas and I burned it for a shield and prop bonus for a war. Then penalties got applied to everything, even if I owned nothing that could use the gas, building or ships.

Both situation are akin to being told that "Hey, you can't drive your car because you don't have enough horses".

Tho, that system is great! I can't wait to play with my friends and see their empires crumble to dust because of famines!
But some of those even are firing while they shouldn't, or at least, the penalties are being applied when they shouldn't.

- Certain events should have tech prerequisites to fire, not having the tech is penalty enough!
- Certain events should require some checks, like food for lithoid and machine. I'm guessing here that negative minerals are not affecting pop growth for those two.

This is all! Keep the good work, that new expansion is marvellous! Love!

Ps.: We need a way to moth-ball those relays. AI make tons of useless relays and you have to pay upkeep for those because you cannot remove them!

Reactions:
Previous to Overlords this would only affect organic populations, and your robotic populations would not be affected by those penalties, which makes total sense. But with this new situation you get totally screwed over for something that your population has simply no use for.

More seriously tho, this is sadly game breaking and it's not the only situation that forced me into making a new game, actually. A for food, my machine empire always collapse mid-game because of negative food production... You know, machine world don't produce any food....... because machine empire don't need any food......

Just experienced this and it's irritating. As a Machine Empire, I usually build one Bio-Reactor to slowly turn any food I acquire from conquered enemies into energy. But now I need to micro-manage that Bio-Reactor or I suffer a penalizing situation. I did a quick search for this issue in the Cepheus Known Issues thread and didn't see it, but I'm not sure it belongs there. Definitely something that was overlooked, however, and I hope it gets fixed!

• 1Like
Reactions:
Just experienced this and it's irritating. As a Machine Empire, I usually build one Bio-Reactor to slowly turn any food I acquire from conquered enemies into energy. But now I need to micro-manage that Bio-Reactor or I suffer a penalizing situation. I did a quick search for this issue in the Cepheus Known Issues thread and didn't see it, but I'm not sure it belongs there. Definitely something that was overlooked, however, and I hope it gets fixed!
I originally reported something along these lines (Lithoid empires gaining a single organic, and that organic forcing you into a deficit of 1 food that quickly bankrupted your economy).

The solution for that was to make you able to buy Food if you have a shortage of it, even if you don’t make it. I think the devs consider this issue solved and won’t revisit it in the near future, if ever.

Yeah, the inability to remove the relais is a real issue, regarding the upkeep. Especially with using them having a chance for fleets getting "missing in action".
Hyper Relays have an upkeep cost? This is rather troublesome. I know activating their edicts adds a Rare Crystal upkeep increase, but I didn’t know bare Hyper Relays already had such upkeep cost.

Hyper Relays have an upkeep cost? This is rather troublesome. I know activating their edicts adds a Rare Crystal upkeep increase, but I didn’t know bare Hyper Relays already had such upkeep cost.
Its kinda weird - hyper relays have a base cost of 2 energy aside of the special ressource upkeep on top from the edicts. The biggest competitor - gateways on the other hand have 0 upkeep.

The solution for that was to make you able to buy Food if you have a shortage of it, even if you don’t make it. I think the devs consider this issue solved and won’t revisit it in the near future, if ever.
Though being able to buy stuff from the market is a small band-aid to the immediate problem, we are looking at making other changes to it as well.

• 2Like
Reactions: