Open Beta Patch 1.11.4 (Steam Only) (Updated Mk4) - Checksum b22c

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Yes, but that change was not introduced by the beta. The previous situation was that medium and light tanks were more expensive as you outlined but the cost of Heavies and Superheavies did not increase as much.

So you could produce a Superheavy with much better stats at only twice the cost of a medium tank. Which with nerf or no nerf made zero sense
Ah, I see. I still think we need a complete rebalance of the tank designer as well, along with the Soviet focus tree. It is incredibly disappointing to have the 2 frontline features of the DLC be just so incredibly subpar balance-wise. They are both so cool with tons of unique features, but it doesn't matter when they are just bad. The Soviet tree pretty much is just lots of 70 day focuses that either actively harm you or slowly remove awful maluses you start the game with. You aren't given any room to actually grow your country, resulting in you just folding when Germany comes knocking. It is especially easy to knock over a Soviet AI now. You don't need tanks anymore to do it either, because it's not even worth producing them. You just build lots of infantry divisions and CAS

This DLC desperately just needs a rebalance patch. That'll fix.... pretty much all of the major issues with the DLC that just make it very difficult for me to enjoy this DLC right now

• 11Like
Reactions:
Yes, but that change was not introduced by the beta. The previous situation was that medium and light tanks were more expensive as you outlined but the cost of Heavies and Superheavies did not increase as much.

So you could produce a Superheavy with much better stats at only twice the cost of a medium tank. Which with nerf or not made zero sense
The problem here wasn't that superheavies weren't expensive enough, it was that mediums and lights were too expensive themselves.

• 3Like
Reactions:
The problem here wasn't that superheavies weren't expensive enough, it was that mediums and lights were too expensive themselves.

Agreed. Instead of increasing the cost of heavies/super heavies, the light/mediums should have been brought down to make them more worthwhile.

Now they are all expensive across the band causing people to argue even more why they should even invest in tanks if there are alternatives that are much cheaper and get better results.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Can we disable the tank designer while keeping the new focus trees and logistic system? In its current form, the game would work better without it.

just wait a bit and be less melodramatic, they are in the process of debugging and balancing the update, they will obviously rebalance the tanks

Reactions:
just wait a bit and be less melodramatic, they are in the process of debugging and balancing the update, they will obviously rebalance the tanks
They indeed rebalanced tanks in patch update - they made them even weaker. And killed conversions as game option. This is to be expected - Pdox want players to leave fighting to AI (just look what they did in Vic3!) and tanks have too much potential to break WW1 style of combat the game is seemingly supposed to have...

• 1Like
Reactions:
My heavy TD went from 25 ic to 30 ic. Not a big deal, combined with a cost reduction to medium and light tanks though that would be more interesting.

• 3Like
Reactions:

For me the problem is not in the cost but in the stats.

For example in a MP game I was using a 22 IC Panzer IV, with only 15 factories on it at full production efficiency (with 1941 tech) I would produce around 8.284 PzKpfw IV in five years (1939-1945) reaching Germany historical numbers for the tanks.

So for me the new cost in IC is much more realistic. The real problem here is that for that cost tanks are not as decisive as IRL because with their current stats other units can do more with less cost.

So the solution for me is not making tanks cheaper, but improving their stats while making other units weaker in areas where tanks should be mandatory.

An example of it would be not having motorized infantry compete in breakthrough

Last edited:
  • 7Like
Reactions:
@MatRopert Why are you making tanks even more expensive? They are already costing more then they used to right now, while simultaneously having worse stats. Is this an intended harsh tank nerf?
Please don't ask the tech lead about game balance he is not responsible for that. please remember the open beta is a snap shot the current work we have internally and not in any way final. This is only the first pass on tanks that I have planned, expect some more changes as we approach 1.11.4.

• 10Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:

Granted, but in my opinion they are currently rebalancing it in the wrong direction.

People have been complaining that tanks are too expensive and that many are looking into ways to reduce the cost. Either with the conversion exploit that got fixed today, and which I agree that it needed to be fixed... or moving over to pure Tank Destroyer or SPART diviision designs because regular tank divisions are way too expensive to be worth it.

So instead of making Heavy/Super Heavy even more expensive to make them less attractive, they should have aimed to make Light/Medium cheaper to make them more attractive again... which would have achieved the same scaling between Light/Medium/Heavy/SH, but overall cheaper.

Now all of them are rather unattractive because on average all of the regular tank battalions now cost way more than they previously costed pre-NSB, but with worse stats.

And the speed nerf... man. That puts a nail to the coffin for me. Why would I now bother with a tank that costs 20+ IC that crawls at 5 km/h or whatever, hence barely is any faster than regular Infantry. Even if you break through the enemy line it is likely you can't get anywhere because there is a big chance that enemy infantry is just as fast in closing the gap again.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I hope they will not do make medium tanks as cheap as on 1.10, where medium tank was 2x cheaper than fighter and Panzer II costed similar to Panther, which was historical nonsense.

• 3Like
Reactions:
I dont know why everyboy complains about to weak soviet union, its supposed to be worse at the start of barbarossa and then get way better over the years, i think thats reflected very good in their focustree

Last edited:
  • 11Like
Reactions:
So did today's update to the beta patch fix the disappearing character names? Didn't see anything about it in the patch notes.

Reactions: