• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Warspite said:
Haha Rex how are ya? How is your golfing game going?

I still remember when you took a vacation trip , i think with your school, to Venice at the very time the Italy Venice AAR was going strong.

Good stuff back then.

Those were the days indeed, Jerry. :)

Duuk said:
You know, a good marketing move for EU3 would be to release EU1 as a downloadable "freeware" game.

Change it slightly so the end screen announces EU3 and points to the website, and let it rip.

Give it to every game magazine you can find.

Now there's an idea!
Especially since I gave away my old EU CD. :D

Oh, and in case anyone who still plays EU stumbles into this thread:
Nikolai II said:
Sometimes reloading and saving frequently might help to bypass such a period of instability, if it crashes at different dates, ever being pushed forward in time, while if it always crashes on the same date on can sometimes pinpoint what is wrong in the savegame and edit it accordingly.

Unfortunately, random events tied to monarchs (like the good events you get with Elizabeth I) are set when the monarch ascends the throne, and disappear if you save & quit.

EUII was an improvement over EU in so many ways. ;)

Europa Universalis was the game that pulled me even more into history, kicked me into the internet and connected me with Paradox and this board. I'll love it forever

Me too. I found out about it over at Apolyton, and this place quickly became my message board of choice.
All it took was one look at one of the AARs featured on the old europauniversalis.com website (the Sweden one; I read the Papal States one after buying it), and I said "I must have this game!" :D

I have to say, that I'm not always sure what to post on the forum...(this could be because I'm not sure weither or not I would like the reactions people would have on my post, but here goes...)

So! this time I felt like it was my duty to leave a note saying that I was just thinking back to those days when I was browsing around in my local gameshop and my eye fell on a black cardboard box. "Europa Universalis" - Power - Wealth - Faith -

Price on it was: €15,-. Back then quite a fee for me and being a game I didn't knew, I put it back on the shelf. *how stupid*
After a while when I came back, and I saw that it was on discount for € 4,99 I immediately bought it and installed it on my computer. The options for me to play Holland, or any other major European country, in the prime of it's forming were almost overwhelming, and I tried to play the game as much as I could.

When I found out that EU2 was already coming out, I had a really hard time finding it in the Dutch shops (where I live). And since I waited too long on buying EU1, almost all the forums on EU1 died out because EU2 had more modding potential. *how lame* But eventually I bought EU2, and I had no clue what to think of it, and since then Eu1, Eu2, Vicky and HoI1 have given me so much in return...A real interest in history.

(sorry for me long post...)

It's almost nostalgia for me thinking back to that time. How wonderfull.. :)

Wow it was so long since I last posted in this forum and played EU 1.
It's a super game and it made me a fan of Paradox. Hehe the good old days when a gaming magazine gave us, the readers an EU1 copy with the magazine. I was interested in hostory before... but after that I became a big big history and Paradox fan. :)
Then I bought an EU1 copy from the shop to get the manual for it and I spent so much time reading the history of nations from it.

It feels like if it was yesterday... and now I have a bunch of Paradox games and even though I don't post much on the forums (but I have reactivized myself a week ago) and only read it, I feel this forum is my second family. :)

I remeber the day when i was in the game shop and wanted to buy a good game and then there it was behind the other games !EUI! i looked at it and thought WOW this is what i'm looking for...I then bought EUII and began modding now i write in C++.
Paradox Interactive is the best Computer Game Dev on earth! even better than Atari and EA games Hip Hip Hurra!! Hip Hip Hurra!:D

cool-toxic said:
I remeber the day when i was in the game shop and wanted to buy a good game and then there it was behind the other games !EUI! i looked at it and thought WOW this is what i'm looking for...I then bought EUII and began modding now i write in C++.
Paradox Interactive is the best Computer Game Dev on earth! even better than Atari and EA games Hip Hip Hurra!! Hip Hip Hurra!:D
Minus the first sentence, that is totally true about me as well.

BTW, does anybody know where I could buy a copy of EUI? Other than Ebay, I am not happy with them. Big shipping issues, too OT, so I'm not going to go there. Just please let me know if there is any other way to get EUI in North America. Does the P'dox online shop still sell it?

EU1 still has the place of honor at the very top of the shelf of CDs I'm not currently using. Ever since my older brother pointed it out to me in the spring of '01 it's been the pride of my collection. :)

Judas Maccabeus said:
EU1 still has the place of honor at the very top of the shelf of CDs I'm not currently using. Ever since my older brother pointed it out to me in the spring of '01 it's been the pride of my collection. :)

It was a great game. :) Can't wait for EUIII to arrive though.