• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Boy, Steele, it didn't take you long to go from Battleships to Nukes! This should be good.

I think the questions about how you'll use the nukes brings up a new tech idea for nuke deployment. Right now we have missiles and strat bombers. If we can add car bombs to the tech tree, the Nepalese can drive into Moscow and set off the bomb. :)

Q? Am I the only one who thinks that Lt. General Potter looks like the officer from Dad's Army? Somebody must have been a great fan.:rofl:

Great AAR by the way, yet again.

Dumb question. Why/Why are fighting Japan? Did you ally with Nat-Chi? Are the Allies at war with Japan? Did I miss something?

I sent two divisions as expeditionary forces to a) try to stop the Japanese and b) gain some experience.

It seems to have worked, although perhaps not.

This will probably be harder than building the battleships, but we'll see.

Can the pre-war strategic bomber carry a nuke? If so, I'll be using one of those, most likely.

Steele

Originally posted by Steele
Can the pre-war strategic bomber carry a nuke? If so, I'll be using one of those, most likely.

Steele

I just read this and cracked up. I don't know but would suspect it works. And it is a funny/scarey thought.

As for the expenditionary forces, I didn't think of that.

The Moon for Mongolia!

Thank you for your comments.

If a pre-war bomber can't drop the bomb, I may need to come up with an alternate plan. I might be able to manage a V1 rocket... Hopefully it can, though.

Steele

1940 turned out to be a really busy year.

10 January: Japan, and her puppet state of Manchuko joined the Axis alliance.

February 6: Bolivia joined the Axis.

February 29: Denmark and Norway joined the Grand Alliance.

9 March: France fell to Germany. The puppet state of Vichy France was created. Vichy France refused Japan's demands for her colonies, and Siam also joined the Axis.

1 April: Romania joined the Axis, the USSR annexed Finland, and we developed a basic submachinegun for our infantry forces.

3 May: Germany invades Russia, bring the rest of the world into a war.

20 June: The US and her puppets (Liberia and the Philippines) joined the Grand Alliance.

22 June, US gives us the Isotope Separation Process, the next step in the nuclear chain.

2 July: The 1st and 2nd Infantry reach Hanoi, and begin moving south and southeast, into Aixs Siam and Vichy Indochina.

24 August: Siam is annexed, Indochina is split between us and the Dutch.

28 August: The UK annexes Afghanistan.

29 August: The USSR annexes Manchuko.

12 September: Venezuela joins the Allies.

7 November: Italy annexes Spain.

24 November: Argentina joins the Axis.

Things are going well at home, but in Europe, the situation looks bleak.

nepaljan1941.jpg

eurjan1941.jpg

Our progress up the nuclear tree is slow but steady.

nuctreejan1941.jpg

Steele

Originally posted by vcarter707

italy annexing spain!?!

How the hell did Italy get so powerful and was Spain still Republican when Italy attacked it to make the Mediterranean a "Lago Italiano"(-Mussolini)?

Yes, pre-war strategic bombers can carry and drop nuclear bombs.

Do you already have the target for your first nuclear bombing? Berlin, maybe? Or Rome, since we now have SuperItaly?
:cool:

I guess I neglected to mention the Spanish Civil War. The Republicans won, and Italy rolled over them.

I have been thinking of a couple potential targets... but given the range of a pre-war bomber... I can't get too picky.

And BTW: This game is being played with absolutely zero editing of anything.

Steele

Most of us were nay sayers on the idea of battleships for Bhutan. Those of us having witnessed Bhutan's success, doubt nothing that Steele does. I'm still chuckling a week later at battleships named I Told You So and Finally :)

I applaud your insanity. :)