• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(61606)

(Interim Avatar)
Oct 9, 2006
www.rcduggan.com
this might be a little early, but I just had this thought.... for this mod, we should expand the nuclear stuff

1. make AI able to build + use nukes
2. make chains of events for the various nuclear crises and misunderstandings (cuban missile crises etc)
3. If possibly mod the effects of nukes to make them more destructive
4. If possible, make events simulating A) the global political effect of using nukes
and B) the fallout and aftermath of using them

just my two cents

Yeah it's too early for talk about it but i think that we can't handle the nuclear bombs like vanilla does because it would be a nuclear frenzy and it would cause historical inacuracies like USA droping a Nuke over Hanoi in the context of the Vietnam War.

I think that the best way to simulate that would be via events, checking if the superpowers are at war the one with the other (USA vs SOV) and, if they are, an event would fire giving the option to launch a nuclear attack against the enemy (it would low the relation of your country with the others until -200 and maybe if they have democratic leftist government (IE social democrat) they would abandon your alliance), after the option of launching a nuclear attack an event would fire for the enemy destroying everything in a random province (taking away 100 IC, 100 airfield... etc)

I know that's not the ideal way of handling the nuclear issue because you can't destroy divisions or enemy units, but it's the best way to do it, that's the reason why i'm thinking about erasing the possibility of creating nukes with the nuclear investigation.

Kretoxian said:
Yeah it's too early for talk about it but i think that we can't handle the nuclear bombs like vanilla does because it would be a nuclear frenzy and it would cause historical inacuracies like USA droping a Nuke over Hanoi in the context of the Vietnam War.

I think that the best way to simulate that would be via events, checking if the superpowers are at war the one with the other (USA vs SOV) and, if they are, an event would fire giving the option to launch a nuclear attack against the enemy (it would low the relation of your country with the others until -200 and maybe if they have democratic leftist government (IE social democrat) they would abandon your alliance), after the option of launching a nuclear attack an event would fire for the enemy destroying everything in a random province (taking away 100 IC, 100 airfield... etc)

I know that's not the ideal way of handling the nuclear issue because you can't destroy divisions or enemy units, but it's the best way to do it, that's the reason why i'm thinking about erasing the possibility of creating nukes with the nuclear investigation.

Easy solution could also be making events giving nukes, and events representing if you want a buildup of your nuclear stockpiles or reduce it and so on giving/removing beligerence/dissent, also informing how many you have.

Can't we also use the nuke damage modifier like in the game to simulate stronger nukes? Also, perhaps we can make some events related to nuclear war to simulate worldwide damage. Even though I'm 95% sure it's impossible to trigger an event related to nuclear explosions, you can make events related if the Allies and the Warsaw Pact nations go to war, since you can assume there would be a nuclear exchange.

The events could first be small effects and eventually to global effects for everyone.

Reducing IC by 95% (Or perhaps different per nuke? If this can be changed ofc...)

Reducing the resource value of the province nuked by at least 40%? (Could be made recoverable in a few years?)

Since there were over 22 000+ deployed all around Soviet Union and some of it's colonies (under certain circumstances, known and unknown locations) while having over 8000 in reserve (hidden). This should be somewhat around 250 - 300 nukes for both superpowers.

How about allowing player to build ICBM's, but ban Nuclear strike, until event fires? That way it will be possible to build ICBM's but player won't be able to fire them, until he's in the war against nation that has nukes too? IMHO it will be easy, just check if there is war between US & USSR via event, if yes allow mission nuclear bombardment or whatever. What do you think?

Last edited:
Bloodless said:
Using a nuke will increase belligerence

Just a suggestion.
doesn't it do that anyway? or am I thinking of dissent?