• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Start of game
  • K_raider_NL

Private
    4 Badges
    Jun 26, 2020
    • Magicka
    • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
    • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Deluxe edition
    • Age of Wonders: Planetfall - Revelations
    Touchdown! The Commander Brenner of the Vangaurd has landed on Novicium-14 and must decide how to establish a base of operations. In this thread I will share my thoughts on how to get a solid economy running from scratch and use to build a powerful army.
    This area has enough resources so I only need to decide what to focus on first. There is always a faction nearby to contact with one of the scouts (you may have one in the stack).
    Send out the scouts to look around for areas of interest. You want to connect useful landmarks and cosmide nodes to your empire. The latter are usually 3-4 sectors away from your landing site so get those scouts moving!
    1658093015524.png

I really do want that Research Station to unlock useful mods and economic bonuses early. I'll need to decide weather to take it by force or do odd jobs for the spacers. There is synergy with their mods and Vanguard tech, but I do not like their T1 and T2 units at all. There are Autonom nearby too, which is rare. I'll go do quests for them instead. It's usually best to do quests to get influence to buy a settlement and compete for Empire Quests. Once you find another NPC faction, feel free to choose working for them instead if you prefer their mods, doctrines or units. You should not attempt to work for two factions at once until much later in the game. You will not unlock their second tier of technology if you cannot prove your loyalty to their cause.
    I will get a quest from the Autonom, and head where-ever they point me, taking any loot close to my path. Those ruins my slow me down though, so I really need to watch how I spend movement points for grounded units in that terrain.
    I also need to decide where to build an exploitation since my commander brought extra citizens to the planet. I'll take the sector with 1 lvl for food and a biodome. I need to keep growing my capital if I want to produce more exploitations, colonizers or extra troops faster. I'll build a central replicator factory first because I don't see myself building a production exploitation soon, and I will have enough food and research if my plan goes smoothly.