• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

fodazd

Lt. General
37 Badges
Feb 21, 2018
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Prison Architect
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall - Revelations
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Island Bound
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Surviving Mars
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
Hello.

I am really enjoying CK3 again after the new patch. A *lot* of issues I had with the game are now resolved, and I am already using the ruler designer for some pretty fun things. :)

...However, one of my biggest remaining complaints (aside from knight micro and not being able to protect my family vassals from aggression by my other vassals) is that the notification settings are not the way I want them. In CK2, there was a feature where I could decide which information I find important and which information I don't find important. I would really like it if a feature like this would be implemented in CK3.

Examples of things I would want to be notified about, but am currently not:
-> I don't have a Court Physician.
-> A character has left my court.
-> A character in my court has died.
-> A new guest appeared in my court. YES, even the "uninteresting" ones!
-> A war involving a vassal has started.
-> A war involving a vassal has ended.

Examples of things I don't really care about, but am currently notified about:
-> Neighboring ruler won/lost war.
-> Sinful bishop. Yes, I know that fervor will decrease by 10 regularly.
-> Powerful vassal expects council position.

I know that the things I want to be notified about are not important for other people, and that the things I don't care about are very important for other people. Therefore, letting each player decide for themselves what they want to be notified about and what they don't want to be notified about, like it was in CK2, or like CK3 already has with the "Notify me when this decision becomes available", seems to be the best way to go. What is your opinion on this?

• 10Like
Reactions:
I'd just like for notifications to be pretty much like they were in CK2. Completely customizable so everybody could have just as many/few as they liked.

Sadly, I don't think it's going to happen as it seems that right around the release of HoI4, the decision was made to kill notifications as much as possible in all games. :(

• 1Like
Reactions:
Some of those do have notifications, or at least can be set for them: For instance, under decisions (right hand bottom menu item if I recall) has a group of buttons labelled something along the line of "notify me when this decision becomes available" --- these include holding a feast, going on a hunt, and hiring a physician. If you have no realm doctor and haven't recently used the option, it will pop a notification up top that the decision is available.

Powerful vassal expects council position is always in the "current situation" menu drop down up top. I think new guests in your court always appear in the pop up notifications to left, but sadly they can get swamped or timed out with other popups in that area and are easily missed.

Others of those listed however are missing...hopefully they can reappear in the future.

• 1Like
Reactions:
If you have no realm doctor and haven't recently used the option, it will pop a notification up top that the decision is available.

Unfortunately this is incorrect, unless they fixed it for 1.2. In 1.1 and before it pops up the notification that you can search for a physician regardless of whether you have one or not.

Many of the CK2 faithful long for the return of UI features like the custom notification settings, but I fear we will be waiting in vain.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Agreed. The lack of message settings is currently the greatest problem the game has, and it boggles my mind that someone was seized with whatever form of insanity it takes to make you exclude such a feature from the game. :(

I'm hoping of course that it wasn't really insanity, but just a decision that had to be made to get the game out in time, and that eventually we will see CK2-style message settings introduced into the game. But I have my doubts. :(

Hello.

I am really enjoying CK3 again after the new patch. A *lot* of issues I had with the game are now resolved, and I am already using the ruler designer for some pretty fun things. :)

...However, one of my biggest remaining complaints (aside from knight micro and not being able to protect my family vassals from aggression by my other vassals) is that the notification settings are not the way I want them. In CK2, there was a feature where I could decide which information I find important and which information I don't find important. I would really like it if a feature like this would be implemented in CK3.

Examples of things I would want to be notified about, but am currently not:
-> I don't have a Court Physician.
-> A character has left my court.
-> A character in my court has died.
-> A new guest appeared in my court. YES, even the "uninteresting" ones!
-> A war involving a vassal has started.
-> A war involving a vassal has ended.

Examples of things I don't really care about, but am currently notified about:
-> Neighboring ruler won/lost war.
-> Sinful bishop. Yes, I know that fervor will decrease by 10 regularly.
-> Powerful vassal expects council position.

I know that the things I want to be notified about are not important for other people, and that the things I don't care about are very important for other people. Therefore, letting each player decide for themselves what they want to be notified about and what they don't want to be notified about, like it was in CK2, or like CK3 already has with the "Notify me when this decision becomes available", seems to be the best way to go. What is your opinion on this?

Couldn't agree with you more! I can't tell you how many times I go to do something with one of my courtiers only to find out he's now dead.. or wandering around somewhere else... or became a ruler somewhere else. Last time this happened I had just started a siege and went to switch my armies commander to my awesome military engineer only to find out he was now the Captain of a Mercenary Band in the Persian Gulf area.

Let me also add in

-> When a child is born in my court. I don't care if they aren't of my dynasty, I want to know when one of my courtiers has a kid.

• 3Like
Reactions:
  • 1Like
Reactions: