• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Kloever

Recruit
15 Badges
Aug 10, 2020
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Surviving Mars
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Prison Architect
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
Hi,

I got this game from Epic. Really liking it. Last friday i started a new savegame on my laptop. But now it won't launch the savegame anymore. Starting a new game same result. I only get the loading screen and that will stay on if don't Alt-F4.

I reinstalled the game already, but that didn't work.

What can i do?

*Edit* So i decided to take the test and also bought the Steam version. Mostly because i have more faith in steam then in epic.

But, here also. Nothing. The game start. I click on new game and nothing.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Indeed the Epic and Steam versions are essentially identical, I'd never recommend buying a game again to fix a problem. I hope you can get a refund for at least one of them.

If you get to the main game menu it seems unlikely you have the main known issue currently, due to recent AMD video drivers.

Immediately after the next such crash, Please attach here the latest (ONLY!) game log file, from here:
C:\Users\{Username}\AppData\Roaming\Surviving Mars\logs\
To see the AppData folder you'll need to enable View Hidden Items in File Explorer.

Plus, DXDIAG is a program you run from a command prompt or the Windows start menu 'run' dialog box (or 'search programs' in Windows 7 or later). After running it will open a window and start collecting info with a progress bar in the lower-left corner. When it completes click the 'save all information' button and save it to a file then attach that file here.

Well, the Epic version was free. And since i like the game it's no big deal to pay for it.

But, on my laptop i got a Intel GPU, the UHD Graphics 620. CPU is a i5-8250. But i think the laptop itself is the issue. Last night i tested the game on my desktop and no problem at all.

Only wierd thing is i don't got my cloud save game from my desktop on my laptop. But that is fine for now since i can't play it on my laptop.

*Edit* Oh forgot...The game did work on my laptop

Last edited:
Okay, well if you want me to look into it further please send in those files from the problem machine, thanks.