• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

phyerboss

Private
Oct 27, 2020
Not sure if anyone else may consider this an issue. But I personally feel that the population requirements for the ability to unlock high density and office zoning may be a bit too high.

Sure, most seasoned players can achieve this in their sleep. But new players like myself who are trying to creatively craft our cities a certain way struggle to barely hit 5000. When we just don't want to arbitrarily plop down roads and zoning.

So far it's been 1 of the most frustrating things. Especially playing on console. And I really want to get my achievements. However, I still feel that the 7000 requirement is a tad too high.

To me, it'd be more fair and realistic allowing high density residential and office 1st at the 2400 mark.

Upvote 0
This really is hampering dedicated sleep-towns (dormitories?), meaning high-density residentials near big cities. In my book a restriction is senseless. You are the mayor and you decide what buildings will be allowed to build in a sector and which are not. If you set up a high density zoning, then those buildings it will be. It depends on outer factors like desirability or simply need for them but not on the overall pop. You want to go high instead of broad? Why not?!

• 1Like
Reactions:
This really is hampering dedicated sleep-towns (dormitories?), meaning high-density residentials near big cities. In my book a restriction is senseless. You are the mayor and you decide what buildings will be allowed to build in a sector and which are not. If you set up a high density zoning, then those buildings it will be. It depends on outer factors like desirability or simply need for them but not on the overall pop. You want to go high instead of broad? Why not?!
EXACTLY

It makes no sense not being able to offer up apartments as an option over houses in a new development. As realistically most new residents that move in for work. May favor apartments over houses. Especially if single. Or couples without kids.

I think you could argue the same way for every feature! Why not start with a train station, if you build a commuter town?

I think it is reasonable for new player to get introduced to all features step by step at different milestones. If you don't like that, why don't you activate to "unlock all milestones" mod? Isn't that included in every game version?

I think you could argue the same way for every feature! Why not start with a train station, if you build a commuter town?

I think it is reasonable for new player to get introduced to all features step by step at different milestones. If you don't like that, why don't you activate to "unlock all milestones" mod? Isn't that included in every game version?
It is. But i believe that just like using more. Disabled achievements on console.