• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Aesqn

Recruit
Aug 18, 2020
So i made a flagship with trade route map because it has trade power +1.00 per ship trait and i though it will increase my income from protect trade mission but when i send it with light ships to protect trade the income is lower than i get from when i send only light ships to protect trade how can i use this ship efficiently please help

You do it correct imho. Check trade power from ships with and without your flagship.

Income from trade power shift a lot because of how other nations move their merchants and fleets.

You do it correct imho. Check trade power from ships with and without your flagship.

Yup.
If you have barques (the earliest kind of light ship), you should be getting 2 trade power per light ship. Add your flagship, and you should have 3 trade power per light ship.
If you check the trade node window and check your sources of trade power, you should be able to work it out - maybe break out a calculator if you don't want to fuss over the math.

Don't know your knowledge level, but light ships are the ones with inherent trade power - none of the others do, so they might get the +1 power bonus but that would be it.

The greater your share of trade power, the more money you can collect (or divert to your home node, which is recommende). Other countries compete for trade power too.

Don't mean to explain ice to eskimoes, just checking you know how it works.

Last edited: