Non-Castle Holy Sites Special Buildings - I'm looking at you Kent!!!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

wraithstalke

Captain
91 Badges
Mar 27, 2014
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Victoria 2
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • War of the Roses
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Deluxe edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Season pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Prison Architect
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • BATTLETECH: Season pass
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Sign Up
  • BATTLETECH
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
So the grand cathedral at Kent gives a suite of neat bonuses to the Holder of the Holding. The only problem is that the holding is a non-capital temple and that as a Catholic it ends being leased by my court chaplain. So the bonus renown and whatsits don't appear to do anything, at least I can't tell if they do when I have a dynast as my court chaplain.

Is it working as intended, and I just haven't seen the bonus, or is it meant that only direct "real" holders can benefit from this?

If that's the case then the spiritual clergy religion rule is a bit of a pest when the special building isn't on the feudal holding.

What I'd probably do is move most of the bonuses to be gained by the holder of the county. That way the cathedral stays a theocratic holding, but still gives you the unique bonuses.

• 6Like
Reactions:
What I'd probably do is move most of the bonuses to be gained by the holder of the county. That way the cathedral stays a theocratic holding, but still gives you the unique bonuses.
That's what I did in the unofficial patch, sadly even if the tooltip correctly say that the holder of the county will have the bonus, it doesn't so I've reverted it.

The thing I don't understand is the same modifier is working fine for the walls of lugo in Spain, so no solution for that at the moment.

• 1Like
Reactions:
That's what I did in the unofficial patch, sadly even if the tooltip correctly say that the holder of the county will have the bonus, it doesn't so I've reverted it.

The thing I don't understand is the same modifier is working fine for the walls of lugo in Spain, so no solution for that at the moment.
I just wanted to say I took a look at your patch, and that seems like some nice work.

• 1Like
Reactions: