• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

LordofTurtles

Major
127 Badges
Nov 12, 2012
  • Magicka 2
  • Humble Paradox Bundle
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Victoria 2
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • War of the Roses
  • 500k Club
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Tyranny - Bastards Wound
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
I was wondering if it is better to convert all the provinces of creek and shawnee to cherokee culture, since they became accepted after I integrated them, so give no penalty now, but will when I expand

Any other tips?

Probably will need to eventually although early on you'll probably have better uses for your points. Other than that I'd say pray for admin leaders. Getting rid of tribal requires filling one of the adm idea trees and stab 3 which is just uggh if you have a succession of 0s and 1s like I've had in my Mali game. Since your expansion won't be overseas you'll be paying triple full costs for cores unless you have a 4+ mil leader as a tribal (once you pass 9 provinces). Also, ASAP join the coalition against whichever blob you run into first as that will give them some second thoughts about coming after you. At least that worked for me vs France, not sure how well it would work against Spain, GB, or Portugal though since you don't see many coalitions against them.

Also, yanking the trade out of Ivory Coast into the Chesepeake by way of the Caribbean is a nice way to amp your trade once S. America gets going. I did that in my England game (plus obviously running it through the North Sea to London) and the payoff was quite nice.

I'm probably going to hold-off on this for a while since the game "elects" garbage rulers constantly. You never see any leaders with decent stats and the Adm is usually 0-2.

Currently I'm in the phase of the game where I'm pretty much doing nothing but replacing advisors that die, compensating for stab hits and teching up until the euro's arrive

the first European I come into contact with I have the intention to improve relations with asap, and if they DoW me, I'll scorch the earth everywhere he goes, and then support rebels in the provinces he took once that option is available