• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Vanhal

Lt. General
58 Badges
Nov 19, 2009
  • Empire of Sin
  • Surviving Mars
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Crusader Kings III Referal
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • BATTLETECH
  • BATTLETECH - Digital Deluxe Edition
  • BATTLETECH: Season pass
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Sign Up
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
Is there any mod or option or whatever to disable smoke (and fires) graphically or entirely? Using some mods i noticed the modders like A LOT of fire and smoke... unlike my computer.

Roguetech adds insane levels, so much that game almost freeze and turn takes forever. Battletech Advanced 3062 also adds some.

So, can i turn this off in any way?

Pretty sure that's handled as part of the Custom Bundle mods, so dive into the documentation there. KMISSION is good about making docs, juts be warned English isn't his first language and he's usually doing some highly technical dark magic, so you'll probably have to read multiple things multiple times.

fortunately, both this mods using CustomAmmoCategories to get terrain effects. So you can scale smoke and fire effects to 0 in CustomAmmoCategoriesSettings.json. But i should warn you - changing these modpak's settings this way you will be support muted on discord and all will be your only responsibility

fortunately, both this mods using CustomAmmoCategories to get terrain effects. So you can scale smoke and fire effects to 0 in CustomAmmoCategoriesSettings.json. But i should warn you - changing these modpak's settings this way you will be support muted on discord and all will be your only responsibility

Thank you, but it overwrite the file every single time i launch. If offline or set to read only it fails to launch then.
Also, holy crap, the rivers are burning. The oxygenless moons are burning, dozens of fires...

BT's ammo use binary fuel can burn without oxygen but much less longer. Water can be burned also, have you ever seen burning oil slicks?
I think you are speaking about RogueTech Launcher. If so, i can suggest you go to RT's discord and ask for feature in launcher removing flames visuals in CAC's settings.

Less of a rework and more someone finally identified a good alternate fire vfx

Reactions: