• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Your video card probably doesn't have enough memory. Solution to be would get a new one. It's well worth it though. I loved this game at one point man... Along with other factors it was the happiest point of my life.... Things were so simple back then.. Invade England, done. Ally with Spain, done. Now I can't decide when and where to place a colonist... All jokes aside, this game is HOURS upon HOURS of GAMEPLAY. It is your new best friend near your new best friend. a new pet alongside your dog a mother near your father a sister near your brother. EVERY country is a new possibility, the choices are endless. and i've played as almost all. Well basically the game is just plain good :D Enjoy it :cool: Any further questions I'm here to ask.

Alba's Officer said:
Your video card probably doesn't have enough memory. Solution to be would get a new one.
I presume you mean my sound card. I have a Creative Soundworks with 3d audio. My video card is a GForce 4, and my system is a P4 3GH with 1GH RAM, so I do not think I am having any memory problems.

Which version of EU1 do you have? All the music was as .wav tracks on the CD IIRC, so in at least one more recent release the distributor did away with them for unknown (to me) reasons.

Nikolai II said:
Which version of EU1 do you have? All the music was as .wav tracks on the CD IIRC, so in at least one more recent release the distributor did away with them for unknown (to me) reasons.
I cannot find anything that indicates the version. I bought the game a few years back. However, I explored both my hard drive and the CD, and I do not find any music .wav files on either. I found the .wav files for the sound effects in the SFX folder on my hard drive. So, it doesn't look like the music is there. Anyplace to download it and make it work from the hard drive or am I out of luck?

There's your problem right there. Your video card needs to be a Gforce 5, which is what I have :D (NO I DO NOT WORK FOR G FORCE OR ANY OF ITS ASSOCIATES) There's not enough (virtual is what it's called?) memory to support the game, so the game tends to shut down on less "important" functions. I had the same problem after a while of one too many computer games being installed. EU2 went out on me in early 03 after about 2 or 3 new onces since then and when I got a new video card, well I'll just say, problem solved. (Don't you just love using hyperlink?) Or if it's your cd, take a look here Kudos...

Nikolai, I have a problem with the music as well

It isn't working and it's bugging the bejesus out of me. I'm just trying to see which mods actually can still be conpiled on that old yet classic jalopy of a game but the music won't go on. It is on with sfx volume at 100 and the sfx button on my speakers pushed in.