No intelligence or less intelligence in game option?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

wukk

Sergeant
102 Badges
May 18, 2007
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Cities in Motion
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Majesty 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Semper Fi
  • Supreme Ruler: Cold War
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
I enjoy most parts of Hoi4 but I am personally not a big fan of La Resistance additions - namely the intelligence. I just find it too much "manual work" for my taste and I end up with non-optimal situations by the time I am at war because I always forget to constantly pick new things to "research" on the intelligence tab or I didn't rotate my spies optimally.

Is there a way to disable these parts if you own the La Resistance? Would I loose some other new features (non-intelligence related) in the process?

I find an acceptable 'lazy' option is to just have 1 MIL producing spy planes. Spy planes are a lot more 'fire and forget' than managing agents, much smaller IC/MIC investment, and get you most of the way there. EG in SP Germany games, I'll research resistance suppression and passive defence, and use agents for resistance suppression and nothing else.

I'll research resistance suppression and passive defence, and use agents for resistance suppression and nothing else.

You can literally ignore it in Single player if you don't want to use it. It wont change your gameplay much.

But what about the collaboration governments and whatnot? Won't the occupation be extremely difficult if you didn't do those? I mean playing as Germany if I ignore those once I get to Barbarossa the suppression cost in terms of manpower and equipment is through the roof as far as I can tell since there is no collaboration anywhere and the resistance make garrisoning extremely costly.

I can disable the whole DLC from the start menu - but then I loose also some focus trees etc. So is that viable?

You can disable any DLC in the launcher. Doing so to "La Resistance" will remove the espionage agency and new recon mechanics, and move encryption/decryption back into electronics research.

You still get to keep the new resistance/occupation mechanics, as those are now considered part of base gameplay.

Reactions:
I mean playing as Germany if I ignore those once I get to Barbarossa the suppression cost in terms of manpower and equipment is through the roof as far as I can tell since there is no collaboration anywhere and the resistance make garrisoning extremely costly.

Just try it.
If it get's too bad you can always:
  • Request garrison manpower from your Allies
  • Add MP to your Cav suppression template
  • Add Armored Cars or Light Tanks (or any hardness) to your suppression template
  • Switch to Local police force
  • You can do these per province or per country. So if you want you can micromanage this.
Or you just give some territories to your Allies.

But what about the collaboration governments and whatnot? Won't the occupation be extremely difficult if you didn't do those? I mean playing as Germany if I ignore those once I get to Barbarossa the suppression cost in terms of manpower and equipment is through the roof as far as I can tell since there is no collaboration anywhere and the resistance make garrisoning extremely costly.

I can disable the whole DLC from the start menu - but then I loose also some focus trees etc. So is that viable?
You can just use puppets instead of taking the land directly.

You will lose the focus trees if you disable the DLC and the Special Spanish Civil war mechanics, I kinda like those but thats up to you.

Having collaboration gov is just a boost to resource gain and frees up manpower along with getting nations to surrender earlier. Which aren't issues Germany will suffer with. You will have the manpower and industry to handle any resistance.

Germany has Reichskommissariats which basically means no resistance. in those areas. You get 2 large ones in the Soviet Union. Without DLC Vichy France should still be a puppet so you can give it French land if you like but really you should be swimming in guns as Germany as you will get all equipment from Austria and Czechs give you 100k+ Inf equip on top of what you already produce.

As Germany you have the massive advantage of the 'Form The ReichKommisariats' focus - rush it, form them from the decision menu, then 'request garrison support' from them. do the same with Slovakia also.

I also like making a template that is just 1 armoured car, and another that is just 1 armoured car + MP support. Apply those to recently conquered territory along with agents on the resistance suppression mission, then rotate out to a standard CAV division once resistance settles down. Or, just put more than 1 MIL on producing armoured cars.

Reactions: