• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

* Deleted - Please do NOT quote Moderator posts for any reason - see Forum Rules. 2Coats *

Would anyone with access to the subforum be kind enough to copy and paste the CTD solution here? It would be immensely nice to be able to play without the crashes! It sounds like they may have addressed the issue and solved it in there. Last I heard was that tech support couldn't replicate the phenomenon, and things were left in limbo mode, glad to know someone found a solution for it =3.

Currently I'm making do via saving at beginning and end of turn, and quitting out of the game after each save then restarting game (quit to desktop only. Quitting to game menu does not seem reset the crash tolerance) later in the game when crashes occur every turn. From what I read from other folks and experienced the game crashes more often the later in the game you get, getting to 1 crash a turn in mid/late to the really late game of 1+ crash a turn, though usually by 1+ crash a turn you'll know if you've pretty much won.

I've roughly observed that it *seems* to based on the amount of action a turn (unit movement ...etc), once a certain number of "crash inducing" action has occurred the game will have "crash locked" meaning if you try to save it will crash, and if you continue playing the crash will happen very soon anyway (and you're wasting time, since you can't save), not all actions count toward crashing (level up, upgrades, building doesn't seem to count, though i'd really have to test methodically to be sure).

For my computer, the crash tolerance seem to be about 35-45 crash inducing moves. Enemy moves also seem to count, but only those that you can see within your sight range seem to count. It seems to be theoretically possible for enemy turn movement to hit your crash tolerance in one go making the game unplayable as it would crash every time, though I'd imagine that being very rare since that doesn't even happen when I play on biggest map with full opponents at highest diff in late game though it could be possible. Just to be safe I try not to have too many scouts about to limit my sight, not engaged in too many fronts, not play on great landmass type map and not use undead as the amazing bat could be a curse rather then a blessing.

On one unusual occasion I saved a game which would always crash on the next move, being one of my unit's way-point movement. I cancelled the way-point and the crash didn't occur after that. Not sure how this occurrence fit into my previous description *shrug*. In hindsight, maybe I should've held on to the save, though it sounds like someone in the tech forum found and have a quick solution to the problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
There's no solution to copy and paste I'm afraid. The link to tech support is for information gathering purposes such as game logs, saves, dxdiag, etc. To get access to tech support forum you'll need to register the games CD key (right-click the game in Steam and select "View CD Key") in My Games.

You need to hear it from someone: you are being as helpful as you can. Thank you.

And thanks for the link.
When I have time, I will upload my save that always crashes, to the devs.

Thx.

I don't know about "helpful as you can." If he has a pathological need to please people even in a dysfunctional relationship, I think there's more that he would be doing.

But short of that: Ditto.

Er thx, I think.

I try. There is only so much I can do.

for lesser CTDs, just play a smaller map (or buy better hardware..)

i think the main problem through the new patch is, that the state of the tiles is now saved somewhere too... on a huge map with the high amount of land tiles combined with many units, my game ist crashing too, for some reason mostly by land converts, this is why i think it depends on that..

don' know, maybe the tiles are saved on HD, even the game is noch crashing, there is a lag of a second or so, maybe because of access to a HD file ? or a packed RAM file ? dont know, i'm not a programmer, but maybe i can give a clue for InoCo to look for :)

for the players, as i said above, try smaller maps to play without CTDs. for me (and my hardware) it worked. surely no final solution for that problem, and work from the programmers is surely necessary, but since then it seems to be a compromise to play a CTD free game...

You need to hear it from someone: you are being as helpful as you can. Thank you.

And thanks for the link.
When I have time, I will upload my save that always crashes, to the devs.

I agree with lantern48. 2Coats is a MODERATOR, not a developer; frankly, I think he's going way beyond what he needs to be doing.

The ones complaining about what he's doing (or not doing) are complaining about the wrong person. Complain to the actual Paradox employees (the ones that have Paradox in their title) if you want a refund or how Ino-co is handling things (or go to their Russian forums or something). Go to where someone actually has the power to do something.

You've got to be kidding me. Seriously.

Absolutely serious. This person has a direct line to the publisher. If Coats doesnt act then its Coats fault for doing nothing. If Coats does ask for communicating, gets ignored and keeps volunteering anyway coats is at fault for still wearing the standard of a company that treats its volunteers and customers like disposables. Sucks for Coats I know but thats the place Coats choose to be in. In any event Coats got their by choice while customers are actual victims.

Okay guys I am going to ASK that you stop discussing me and moderation. The subject of this thread is as the titles says "No crash fix? No communication in months? Refund Pls!"

Please return to this subject and if you have any complaints feel free to voice them within the rules.

Also please ensure that you follow the link above and report the issue in the thread that Bjorn has posted in.

Thx.

Same Problem here. Game Crashing on Large Map often after turn 120. It crashes every 1st till 10th round after reload the last savegame. Really annoying. Is there any logging of Warlock-crash which I can send the Devs. Or should I send the savegame itself?

@the mod: What is the shortest way I can help to fix it? Can I send you or a dev my savegames? Don't want to make a Skype call for it.

Edit: Sorry, didn't saw your latest post:

*Please dont quote Moderator posts (in orange). The link is in the post below.*

Can you please link again. Didn't understand exactly which link you mean, and I don't see a user named Bjorn in this Thread.

* Deleted - Please do NOT quote Moderator posts for any reason - see Forum Rules. 2Coats *

Would anyone with access to the subforum be kind enough to copy and paste the CTD solution here? It would be immensely nice to be able to play without the crashes! It sounds like they may have addressed the issue and solved it in there. Last I heard was that tech support couldn't replicate the phenomenon, and things were left in limbo mode, glad to know someone found a solution for it =3.

Currently I'm making do via saving at beginning and end of turn, and quitting out of the game after each save then restarting game (quit to desktop only. Quitting to game menu does not seem reset the crash tolerance) later in the game when crashes occur every turn. From what I read from other folks and experienced the game crashes more often the later in the game you get, getting to 1 crash a turn in mid/late to the really late game of 1+ crash a turn, though usually by 1+ crash a turn you'll know if you've pretty much won.

I've roughly observed that it *seems* to based on the amount of action a turn (unit movement ...etc), once a certain number of "crash inducing" action has occurred the game will have "crash locked" meaning if you try to save it will crash, and if you continue playing the crash will happen very soon anyway (and you're wasting time, since you can't save), not all actions count toward crashing (level up, upgrades, building doesn't seem to count, though i'd really have to test methodically to be sure).

For my computer, the crash tolerance seem to be about 35-45 crash inducing moves. Enemy moves also seem to count, but only those that you can see within your sight range seem to count. It seems to be theoretically possible for enemy turn movement to hit your crash tolerance in one go making the game unplayable as it would crash every time, though I'd imagine that being very rare since that doesn't even happen when I play on biggest map with full opponents at highest diff in late game though it could be possible. Just to be safe I try not to have too many scouts about to limit my sight, not engaged in too many fronts, not play on great landmass type map and not use undead as the amazing bat could be a curse rather then a blessing.

On one unusual occasion I saved a game which would always crash on the next move, being one of my unit's way-point movement. I cancelled the way-point and the crash didn't occur after that. Not sure how this occurrence fit into my previous description *shrug*. In hindsight, maybe I should've held on to the save, though it sounds like someone in the tech forum found and have a quick solution to the problem.

Please register your games CD-key under "My Games" at the top and you will gain access to the subforum where we collect data for this issue.

Absolutely serious. This person has a direct line to the publisher. If Coats doesnt act then its Coats fault for doing nothing. If Coats does ask for communicating, gets ignored and keeps volunteering anyway coats is at fault for still wearing the standard of a company that treats its volunteers and customers like disposables. Sucks for Coats I know but thats the place Coats choose to be in. In any event Coats got their by choice while customers are actual victims.

I will not have any bashing of 2Coats in this forum. He is going far beyond his responsibilities to try and help you. Then your hate is better aimed at me.

I have alerted Ino-Co about this issue as well as established a more orderly collection of logs for this problem (http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...riencing-frequent-CTD-issues-Please-read-here!). You will, as I explained earlier, have to register your CD key for access. This CD-key is available by right clicking Warlock: MotA in your steam library -> Show CD key

Guys, it's just a game. There is no reason to trash anybody, especially somebody like 2Coats, who is clearly trying to be helpful. While you can curse and bash the computer AI or your computer hardware, bashing actual people is pretty reprehensible. I had to stop playing the game because of the crashes that made it unplayable but I did what any sane person would do - stop playing until there is a fix. Or, play on smaller maps and graphics settings to reduce the chance of crashing. Or, play another game. Go outside and let off steam on the basketball court or something. Personally, I won't be buying any Warlock DLC anymore, including Armageddon, until the crashes are fixed. I may not buy any more Ino' Co games in the future, especially if I cannot be assured that games won't have significant technical errors. If Warlock gets fixed, I'll be happy and be willing to shell out more money. It's that simple for me.

Ask nicely for help, be patient, and for god's sake, don't denigrate the moderators and developers by being *removed a certain word*. Without them, you wouldn't have any game or support at all! If they don't fix the game as fast as you are able to tolerate, stop buying their products and move on with life.

Hey Bjornb. Thanks for responding. Sorry to be a squeaky wheel. Can you commit to an update ever 2 weeks so we dont feel ignored again ? What do you mean by alerted? Are they working on a patch/update? Several folks have mentioned that Warlock is at the end of its market cycle..can you tell us if anything is being worked on? Whats next for the game? Will Inoco release tools so that the fans can make mods for the community?