• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Hyades' Song

Private
Dec 16, 2021
Announcement #1 - Been a long while.

After many months of fiddling around with maps and toying with concepts, I've come out to say two things, foremost I didn't forget about East vs West Redux in fact quite the contrary, and second of all, I am proud to announce the coming release of Night at Pyongyang, a demo about the Forgotten War, spanning 3 years of conflict where you can take the reins of either Korean government as both halves of the globe sent their support to each side in the hopes of stopping or accelerating the arrival of Communism, so without further ado, instead of going into scenario first hand I'd like to let our development speak for itself:

Night at Pyongyang mega teaser.png

Map teaser.png

It's best advised that you open the image files since they're too big for the forum's margins

As you can see, quite a handful, which is exactly the reason why development has been a bit quiet since the last teaser, but we are close both writing and gameplay wise to release so this time we are only a few announcements always from it.
On an unrelated yet also really related note, we are looking for writers too.

The East vs West demo hopes to bring:
-A new political and geopolitical system
-Detailed paths for each Korea as well as realistic yet fun endgames
-New warfare mechanics to make the war as dynamic as possible
-And obviously, a 1950 battle scenario that will be included in the full mod

Any questions would be much appreciated, and as another note, stay tuned for further announcements, otherwise ol' Kim and Rhee will show up to your door and do unspeakable things to you!

• 10Like
Reactions:
Looks amazing, I always thought that E3 map was the waste of resources, but, using it for projects like this is amazing. I'm looking forwart to play it and I hope to see more scenarios in future.

Looks amazing, I always thought that E3 map was the waste of resources, but, using it for projects like this is amazing. I'm looking forwart to play it and I hope to see more scenarios in future.
Same, it really is under-utilized for battlescenarios. About the only one I can name myself (that is not part of a greater-scale mod with the entire world) is the one someone did of the Spanish Civil War.

Wow...