• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Oct 10, 2009
I recently downloaded the AGCEEP after having played the standard game for a bit, I'm playing the Byzantine Fantasy Scenario currently, my monarch is Nikolai I, he was available as a military leader as well though it states he's a general and he doesn't have the monarch icon, a mistake I guess, anyway when I recieved him I shortly thereafter went to war with Spain who was allied with their vassal Portugal, I vassalized the first and got both of their explorations, I had sent him, thereafter to India in a war with China and Indian allies, thereafter southeast asia, and thereafter China proper, the last not going so well but long story short about a month after I brought him back to Thrace it said he would no longer be available as a military leader. My question is whether or not that is something that was scripted or just a coincidence. If it's the former I'd like to know if its really complicated or if I could do that for a custom scenario.

... My question is whether or not that is something that was scripted or just a coincidence. If it's the former I'd like to know if its really complicated or if I could do that for a custom scenario.

It´s easy to change.
Havard describes here:
http://home.broadpark.no/~havmoe/EU/scenario_leader.htm
how leaders are scripted in EU2

I have not played Byzanz since a long time but I guess you r leader met his scripted deathdate.